Lola was 1 and a 1/2 when our apartment was broken into.
Lola is our first dog we have had as a Jacob and Amanda family. I wrote about her back in 2009. Lola came to the rescue when I really needed her. Ever since that fateful morning our connection has been a tight one.
Lola is my protector. Sometimes too much of one, but secretly I take solace when she is barking at a stranger.
I was reminded of our bond yesterday at the dog park. Lola acts differently at the park when I am there alone. Lola will only play within a perimeter, and if anyone comes within the perimeter she will position herself between me and the stranger. Yesterday there was a guy who came within the perimeter she had set up. She was not going to have it. She got in between us and barked. She can make herself sound really scary. I always apologize to the others, but I will rarely tell Lola 'no'.
She will do the same thing if we are meeting new people, be that on a walk, or at the house. Lola will let her guard down when I hug, or get in a close proximity to the other person. I know Lola can sense if I know people or not, and if I am comfortable. We are just connected like that.
Lola always positions herself between me and the door. In the living room she is always between me and front door. In bed she is always on my side that is closest to the door. This is just her.
I feel so safe in the house with this 'monster'. I love her quirky behavior. I love what a good girl she is. I love how I know she will protect me to the end. I also know Jacob breaths a little easier knowing Lola is with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment