Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just writing to write

I was suppose to go to Midtown and run 7 miles this morning.  I couldn't sleep.  I stayed up until midnight reading The Help.  I had trouble getting to sleep.  Then I had trouble staying asleep.  Really this has been a bit of a problem since I came home from MI almost a month ago.  I do not think it is related to Jacob leaving.  So when my alarm went off this morning at 6:40...

Well let me back up a little bit further.  Earlier this week I had some cysts removed.  I went to the doctors thinking they were just blisters that wouldn't go away.  They had been around for a month.  They didn't hurt, but with my health issues I guess I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything correlated with ITP.  The bumps were not blisters, but cysts that had become hard.  The doc had to remove them, well we have some of one left.  She told me I couldn't work out for a few days. These were in an area that is easily rubbed by clothing.  I went in with no pain, I mean gosh I completed a triathlon with them...but now it hurts.  The bandages are big and bulky, and last night every time I woke up I was in pain, which caused me to stay awake even longer each time I was awaken. 

So when my alarm went off this morning at 6:40 I felt exhausted and I had a feeling I was in too much pain to make it 7 miles.  Which sucks.  I wanted to be out there today.  Just to get out with people, talk to people.  Have a conversation. 

I am a people person, who likes to stay busy.  This past week I have done a great job of getting out there, and yet keeping with my wife/animal mom responsibilities.  Today I haven't left my house. 

I spent the first 6 hours I was awake finishing The Help.  I just laid in bed and read.  I love reading.  So this was an enjoyable way to start the morning.  Then I got up to eat and went to the living room.  I am still in the living room 7 hours later.  I did get up and eat, take care of the animals, do some cleaning, and got a few things done on my to do list, but I am still here.  I have not gotten in the car, haven't called anyone on the phone.  Just been in the house with me and the zoo. 

Maybe this was what I needed.  A chill day.  I just have to make sure this doesn't happen more often than once a week.  I can see a fine line between staying sane and insane during deployments.  I want to stay on the sane side...

No comments: