Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is that an issue?

This just played out in the hotel room.

Jacob finds me laying on the floor of the hotel room, facing the wall. I had been down there for a while. Jacob asked me "Why are you laying on the ground? Are you having issues?". I answered "I am just trying to get a different view. Is that an issue?". Then I burst out in hysterical laughter for the next 7 minutes.

I am a social being. I like to be busy. Now don't get me wrong, I love to enjoy a vacation as much as the next person. But I like my vacations to be around 6 days. I have been in NC for 8 days. There is little to do. We are on post, we have to take Jacob's leg, and pain into account, and we have little funds/material items to do a lot of things with. So we are a bit bored. Well actually stir crazy has become an understatement.

We have been able to do some Skypeing, and we get out at least once a day, so we make sure to be around other people. I love my husband, but I like conversations with others. I have read magazines, books, devotionals, and been on the web. We have watched Hulu, movies, and a lot of TV. We have talked about the future, past, and questions we need to talk to the doctor about.

I don't want to complain, and I don't want this to be a post of complaining. I am happy that I am here with Jacob. I am so blessed to have this opportunity. This was time that Jacob was going to be gone. We get to spend it together. Just not in the ideal place. Fort Bragg is nice, but I miss my friends. I miss going into my classroom, I am a bit jealous of my teacher friends who are at school (I never thought I would EVER say that). It would just be a change from doing the same thing that we are doing over here.

In that same breath I will have to leave Jacob on Sunday. That makes me sad. I think I am in an emotional conflict. I have to be back to school on Aug. 1. I am ready for a change, but I am not ready to leave Jacob. His brother(s) will be coming down to relieve me. I am leaving him in great hands, but my heart saddens when I think about leaving him in a few days.

I think my real issue is that I need a change of pace, but I am not going to embrace that change in pace. Now that is an issue.

1 comment:

Lauren Starks said...

OK. This is going to totally reveal my inner dorkiness. I'm going to suggest going to a bookstore/game store and pick up a couple of packs of Gaming Cards and teach yourself to play something like that. (Magic The Gathering is currently going through our house -- and yes, I have a deck. And yes, I play too. The boys were playing. James started playing with the boys. I was feeling left out.) Hey, it's something different to keep you both engaged and your brains working. You can pick up a deck for about $10-20 each. Maybe less, if you go to a gaming store, because they usually will give away a good sized starter pack for free.

James mentioned the MWR might have some options for you guys.