Q-Tips, hairspray, laundry soap, dryer sheets shower gel, and contact solution. All of these items had to be purchased while at the PX today. I have all of these items at home. I have them in an awesome bin I call the extra bin in my bathroom closet. I seriously thought I would be in North Carolina no longer than Sunday. That was two days ago.
I actually ran out of clothes two days ago. But with some handy sink washing, and re-wearing, because I didn't sweat that much, I made it until this afternoon before I broke down and did laundry. But to do laundry I needed soap, and dryer sheets, which I have at home, not here. So we had to make one of our goals the PX today.
We had decided to get our haircuts today. So we wheeled Jacob to the Barber. They are so fast, and good at their job. He has a nice military fade-away cut. I love that look. Next door is the salon. As I have mentioned I start school the day I get back to GA, so I have to do all those things I was going to this week, just here in NC. My stylist did a great job! It was a nice experience. She was quick, and my hair looks okay to me so far.
So the PX. Almost everything we bought there we have at home. I can be considered cheap at time. I hate buying things that I already have. I just have to come to terms with life at this time. I had no way to know what to expect when I packed my bags almost a week ago. And honestly I wouldn't trade this experience for being at home alone.
So when I get home I will just have more things like Q-Tips.
No comments:
Post a Comment