Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The end of June brings July

Okay.

Wow.

July 6th.

I can not believe that it is July 6.  June 26 brought Jacob's graduation.  He walked in his graduation with honors! I was proud of him.  He has worked very hard to complete his Bachelors.  It is a huge accomplishment to get through, and it is done!

After Jacob's graduation we left for four days in Tybee Island, GA, with his parents.  My in-laws had rented a house for us.  It was really close to the beach, and we were able to take our girls with us.  It was a nice way to relax a little bit after my eventful June.  Jacob and I love the beach, so it was a great few days.  I finished the book Gone With the Wind.  That was a huge accomplishment for me.  It was a great book, just really big, and long.  But if you have not read it, and you enjoy historical fiction I would totally suggest it.

We drove back from the beach July 1st, and my mom and Duane pulled in the driveway 30 minutes after we got home.  We got so much done while they were here.  Duane has let us know we have some major water damage, and might need a whole new back deck.  We are waiting on insurance to come out and assess the damage.  We reorganized the entire basement, which is a HUGE accomplishment.  We watched the whole movie (all 4 hours) of Gone With the Wind.  We took Duane on his first ride on public transportation.  We went to a Braves game, where we saw a grand slam, they won, and there were fireworks.  We reorganized our kitchen, and put in new shelves in a closet.  Mom and I went to the Margaret Mitchel house, and Gone With the Wind museum.  We enjoyed a wet 4th of July firework show.  We went to two Army bases, and explored around.  Mom and I got mani and pedis.  The boys cleared the gutter, and tried to fix as much of the water damage as possible.  Then to top it all off we re-landscaped the front yard.  WOW!  We did all of that in 5 days.

Now we move into triathlon mode.  It is Sunday.  I am starting to get nervous, but glad I have been really busy up to now.  Jacob leaves for two days tomorrow, then he will be back for the triathlon, then we start deployment.  I am ready for my summer to calm down a bit.  I have loved this summer so far, and hope to relax enough to get ready to head back into the school year.  Here are some pics from the last 2 weeks. 

No comments: