Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Day in the Life of....

I am on day 4 since Jacob left.  I have had a really crazy summer since I went on break.  I know I don't have real kids, but my 5 kids needed some structure to their days.  A routine.  So I have tried for the past 4 days to get everyone into a routine that will work for me, and them. 

7:00 a.m. - Wake up.  At least this is when my alarm goes off.  The first 3 days Lucie woke me up closer to 6 a.m., but this morning we all made it until the alarm went off.

7:00 - 7:30 - Wii Fit Yoga/Strength train.  I have a routine that I do on the Wii.  Every morning for 21 minutes.

7:30 - 8:00 - Breakfast.  Watch the news.  The zoo gets fed too.

8:00 - 9:00 - Get ready.  Sometime this is just getting ready to go out.  Sometimes it includes some light cleaning around the house.

9:00 - Leave the house.  So far this week I have been able to have plenty to do, to get out.  This means all the animals go into the basement.  They have a full basement to have the run of while we are gone.  This is one of the things I want them to get in their routine.  I don't want this to take forever to do.  I want them to know when I open the basement door in the morning they all must go down.  This week Simon, and Lucie were the only trouble makers.  Today was much better than Monday, so we are making progress. 

The rest of the day I just get things done on my to do list.  I stop by my classroom each day, and just do a little at a time in there.  I am feeling pretty okay about how that is turning out. 

5:00 p.m. - Home.  Everyday I try to make sure to be home by 5.  This is a very doable time during the school year, so the animals all get fed around this time.  I have been trying to eat at this time too. 

The rest of the evening I get my workout in, do some heavier cleaning if needed, and I will try to take the dogs for a walk or to the park at least 2 nights a week.  I think during the school year this will be Mondays and Fridays. 

10:00 - In bed.  During the summer this doesn't mean I go to sleep, but I want them to get the idea what time bedtime will be.  Monday night the girls were a little crazy, but last night both of them were ready for bed when I was. 

This all might seem a little over kill for some of you, I mean like I said I don't have real children, but I am one who wants to make my life as easy as possible.  Holding down a full time job, a house, and everything that comes with it, a small zoo, and trying to keep up my personal training is a lot for one person.  Especially when I got a little used to having someone else to help with it all.  I think the Lord was looking out for me when he made Jacob's plans.  It is perfect.  I start out with around 2 weeks on my own, a little relief, a month alone, and then some relief, and so on... I have some time to practice before having to do it alone for a year. 

So far so good.  4 days down.....

No comments: