Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My thoughts are all over the place

Insomnia.  I guess that is what I have.  I haven't slept well in almost a month.  My mind just whorls and whorls.  Last night/this morning I finally must have fallen asleep around 4 a.m. to have my alarm go off at 6:40.  And when I woke up, I actually wasn't tired.  I am not sure what is going on, but my body is going through something.  I am hoping to get my body on a schedule, and one that includes at least 6 hours of sleep....

Divorce.  It seems everyday  I am reminded, normally by Facebook, of how many people really do get divorced.  I know the stats say 50% or maybe even higher, but it seems very prevalent around my life right now.  Maybe because people my age are getting close to the 5 year mark, and I guess it is just falling apart.  Every time I hear this news my heart breaks, but in the same breath I am reminded how lucky I am to have Jacob who is willing to fight for love just as hard as I am.  It has just been weighing on my heart lately. 

Alone.  I am spending a lot of time alone.  I guess that is one of the downsides to deployments.  I have been able to talk to Jacob 3 times since he left 8 days ago.  Two times was around 11 minutes, and once a sweet 23 minutes.  I normally plan for the calls to be about 15 minutes, so picking and choosing what to say is a must.  So I guess that leaves me with a lot of thoughts rolling around, which then might lead to my insomnia. 

School.  It looms near.  I don't know if to go in and do a little each day, or savor what I have left of my few days of summer.  But that leaves me alone....oh what a cycle. 

So my brain is just a ball of mush. It might be because of my sleep problem, which is caused by being alone, which goes into my fear of the looming school year. 

So to solve this....

No comments: