Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Way too Busy!

Well I have to tell you I feel like my life is non stop right now. I guess that is not a bad thing. Last week flew by as we were preparing for my kids state test.

Friday Jacob and I played tennis. Only for about 30 minutes, but at the 30 minute mark I was getting tired, and didn't want to push it.

Saturday I had a tutoring meeting and found out I am the teacher of the month! YAY! I was excited, and honored! I try to do my best at every job and I guess it is showing! I went to the gym after the meeting, and walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill. Again felt pretty tired afterwards, but hey, this is way more than before! Then I went ice skating with two of my students. Let me explain a little about that.... At the auction each teacher is encouraged (read required) to come up with an outing that the parents of your class can bid on. Now it has to be kind of creative, and has to be outside of school hours. I am sorry, but seriously.... in the community that I work in, these kids don't need me to spend any more money on them. Now in my old school, in the ghetto as many put it, yes I spent money on those kids and went to events, and did things on the weekend with them, here they don't need teachers to spend money on them. Anywho my outing was to go ice skating for 2 hours on a Saturday. It ended up lasting about 5 hours, from the driving there (ice rinks are hard to find in the South), skating, and then driving the girls back home. All in all, I think I complained too much because it was fun and enjoyable. The girls also wanted me to kidnap them, so I think they enjoyed themselves also.

Sunday Jacob and I walked our nice 3.2 mile walk. I tutored from 1-5pm, and then one of our small group peeps got baptized at our 6pm service. It was so amazing! I am so happy for you Ashley! Then we had a nice dinner (well I had brinner - breakfast for dinner).

Then this week has been testing. That means I watch the kids take a test from 8 -11am. It is SUPER boring. But my kids have been doing well! I did want to let everyone know that I have rescheduled my doctors appointment to Thursday May 1st. Just some school conflicts, made Tuesday really difficult to take off.

I hope everyone is having a good week! I hope mine slows down soon!! But the end of the year seems to have a downhill slide to it.

No comments: