Wednesday, April 16, 2008

261,000!!! OH MY!!

Yes you are reading the title right. We went to the docs today and I in fact have 261,000 platelets. AMAZING! The first treatment may have cured me!

So what happens next? I have a plan! I have a plan! I will go down to 10mg of Prednisone for the next week, then I will only take 10mg every other day. Then on the 29th I will go in and get blood drawn again. I can not imagine with no Prednisone even falling close to 120,000, so the next draw should take me completely off of it. I will be off of my daily steroid, that has bloated my face, my middle, and ankles! I will be able to exercise again! I am actually taking the whole day off of school. It is the week after my kids test, and I am sure I will need a personal day.

I still can't fathom not taking daily medication, but it may be a real possibility before the month of May! Goodness I can only hope, and pray of course.

People have asked me what Jacob and I are doing tonight to celebrate....well we are waiting until the big day when the doc says " You are in REMISSION" On that day I am going to go out and get a tattoo. I have wanted the same tattoo since I was 16 and I am going to get it on remission day! It will be one of the swirly suns. I have not decided if it will be yellow, or orange, but I am leaning towards orange. I know so many of you are like...oh my goodness, not a tattoo, not Amanda....but it will not be any bigger than a half dollar coin. NO WORRIES! I also think I deserve it! :) Then I will go and get a drink....an "adult" drink. Something fruity of course! :) AHH I dream big!

Such good news! I am flying high, and so is Jacob! We both are almost at a loss of words, but I am not quite as seen above :)

PRAYER WORKS!!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

GREAT news Amanda!!!! Thank for sharing!

Jerry said...

Oh no...she didn't say tattoo. Your future grandchildren will be horrified.
As we discussed earlier today, I am so thankful and happy will the results.
Love Always,
Dad