Wednesday, April 9, 2008

All Done




Well I made it through! Here is a low down of the day!

We got there nice and early at 7:30 this morning. I went in with Jacob and Mom and Dad Larkin. They took my blood (which my platelets were up to 92,000...good but not great) and then they set me up in the Chemo Room. It took awhile for pre-op meds. I took two Tylenol pills, then had Benadryll through the drip, and then a steroid I can't remember the name through the drip. Then we started the Rutuxan. They have different speeds that the drip can go. They increase it at a slight amount. You start at 100 and then 150 and then 200 and so on.

I feel asleep for the first two speed increases. Then the the nurse (who I don't know her name but she was AMAZING!) came over to put me up to the 200 and with in minutes it felt like a million Lola's were sitting on my chest and the back of my throat and tongue became numb. I looked over at Jacob and told him I thought I would need someone, and he got the nurse. Within seconds, and I mean seconds I had like 3 nurses, a doc, and oxygen tanks brought over. It became really hard to breath so the doc listened to my lungs, and ordered the nurse to put in the antidote. The whole time I was thinking this is it, I am going to have to try this all over again, what waste of today and blah blah blah.

But to my surprise the antidote Demerol worked immediately. I felt better with a few minutes. Then the doc came over and told us that it happens sometimes the first time the drug goes into the system. She suggested that we try again, but Jacob would have to leave to get more of the antidote. You have to have a permit to carry the stuff in your building because it is such a crazy narcotic. Jacob wasn't happy about leaving but he went and got more and we started again.

I slept for the rest of the time. They were able to get me all the way up to the speed 300. I still have little tinglies in the back of my throat, but all is good. We were officially all the way done at 3pm!

I came back to the apartment and slept. And then slept some more, and Mom and Dad Larkin are headed over here with some McDonald's in hopes I will eat. I have had a few chips all day. I just not hungry. I will eat because I know I have too!

As for results I will go back to the docs next Wednesday at 3:15 to get my blood drawn, talk to Ellen and figure out where to go from there. I am still on the Prednisone just because my levels are not stable yet, remember 120,000 is our magic number!

Thanks for all your prayers! I am just tired now and want to go to sleep.

No comments: