I know, I know...2 days and 2 updates! Amazing! What else can I say but Jacob and I are totally working opposite schedules so I have a lot of time alone here at the house. The animals of course keep me on my toes, but right now they are all sleeping....Lola on the couch next to me, Simon is on my lap , and Earl is in the bedroom lounging on my pillow I am sure.
Well I did pretty good today! I was pretty tired, but my kids just make it SO worth it. Even being away a week made me really miss them. For their morning work I asked the to write me two short stories from their spring break. Of course most of them complained about the assignment, but I just finished reading them and adding comments, and they just make me laugh. Kids have the funniest memories, and the things that they tell about is hilarious. I love my kids. I can not believe that I only have 29 more days with them. I am going to bawl my eyes out when I hand them their diplomas. My first class has put me through so much, and I have had quite a few adventures, but in the long run they will all have a lasting spot in my heart. All 24 of them :)
My kids have their big CRCT test. For those who don't know what that is, all kids take a state standardized test, but in 5th grade they have to pass ALL of the sections to go onto 6th grade - this is all part of No Child Left Behind. This test is really important to the kids and they take it next week. For other standardized tests I have given the kids "brain pills" (which are really tic-tacks). The kids love the pills and of course for the whole week of CRCT I will be giving them the pills before the test. But I was thinking of giving them like a little test baggy on the first day of testing. With a personal message in it, and some brain pills and maybe some inspiration quotes, so they can look at it right before the test. Something like "I know you can do it" You know the cheesy stuff like that. If you are reading this and have any good quotes ( I teach 5th grade if you haven't figured it out) leave them in the comments or email, or facebook or get me the quotes somehow. I would like at least 6 different quotes, one for each day of testing. Also if you know of some fun "test" stuff to put into the bag let me know. I think that would really help the kids and their confidence. The kids get really worked up about this, I mean it is a big deal, just rough because little 10 and 11 year olds shouldn't have to feel this kind of pressure.....okay I am off that soap box....
I guess that is about it. I have some cause and effect of human impact on landforms lesson plans to write. Then I get to cut out some laminate! I know you are jealous! ;)
Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment