Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Special Night!!



Nothing too crazy happened this week. I never found the energy to work out, which really makes me sad. I am hoping today after tutoring I can walk Lola our three miles.

Jacob and I attended my school's foundations auction. It is a HUGE big deal. I mean tickets alone are $85.00. The parents in my class took up a "fund" and raised enough for both mine and Jacob's ticket. That was amazing in itself! I have such great parents! Well the auction was called Leap-a-Palooza, and it was held at the Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead (a really big deal)! So Jacob and I got all dressed up. Jacob was in a suit and tie (he looked so good) and then I still could fit into one of my black dresses, so we were all good there.

It was a nice night. Jacob was nervous but he did amazing!! It is always a bit awkward down here in the South. It is always a culture shock when parents are buying you drinks, and you are just there "hanging" with the parents of your students. It was something I had to get used to.

When I go to these events it is always hard because the "Buck-ites" as Jacob and I call them, really are big on buying drinks, like as a thank you for doing a great job with my kid. Well I can't drink, and I don't want my parents seeing me as a "sick" person. So it worked out, with Jacob there, as I could just hand things over to him. HAHAHA!

So we sucked up, walked around looking like we belonged. Jacob and I were by far the youngest there by a good 6 - 7 years, and I don't think people even know. That is the hardest part for us. We are only 24 years old living in a life that most of the people we are with are late 20's early 30's, so they are at different points in their lives. Jacob and I have to take a step back and say.....we are ONLY 24, most 24 year olds are not where we are, and we need to acknowledge that.

Looking at the pictures makes me realize that I am just retaining water, and putting on the lbs they warned me about. I am not happy with the pics, but I know my family will like to see some pics....so there they are. My face looks the worst....it may be that I have to get up at 5:15 am and then the auction went until 11pm. I will use that as an excuse....

Thanks for your love!

1 comment:

Allie said...

You two look so pretty!