Monday, February 25, 2008

Hot Flashes, and Monday

I made it home! It felt really nice to be back with Jacob, and the zoo! I did miss the animals fighting all the time. Being in NY also reminded me that I DO NOT miss the cold, or no sun. I like the 65 degrees and sunny of today.

I started this blog for a variety of reasons, one of them for my doc, and tracking symptoms. Well the past few mornings I have woke up with bad chest pains. I had been warned to keep Tums in the house, but because I have never had heart burn I didn't even know what to expect. Well this morning I was driving to work, and the pain in my chest was so bad I thought I was going to have to pull over. I assumed it was this heart burn, and went to the local Walgreens by my school. It is no longer 24 hours so it wasn't open. I went to school and it was okay. Then tonight it started again. This pain....those people in the Tums commercial really don't portray it correctly. It hurts to breath, or move....and then the hot flashes. I broke out sweating and couldn't hardly breath regularly. Jacob once again came to rescue running out to Walgreens (man I am really plugging them today) and getting some Tums. So today is the first day of hot flashes and severe heart burn.

The normal stuff, like bleeding gums, and nose bleeds have continued. I almost made it out for a walk today, but when I got home I was just to exhausted. I am hoping tomorrow before SAT tutoring, I can hit the gym, and at least walk on a treadmill. I know that was all kind of gross, and sorry if you have a weak stomach. My Dr. says it is best if we know days and how often of every symptom... so here we are.

Other than weird side effects life is normal. A full week of teaching, and of course SAT tutoring. We are getting ready for the 5th grade musical so I am on a find to get tie-dye shirts for my little Russians. They don't have any transportation to get the shirts, and they don't have the money if they did get to a store. So I am looking for some people to donate....only tie-dye seems to be "out" right now.

Best of love to everyone....especially Jacob who really is putting up with that whole "for better or WORSE"!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Sorry to hear about the heartburn.

I think I remember how to tie dye from summer camp, if you want me to walk you through the steps. :)