Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No Voice

Well my cold has taken over my body. Went to school today, with no voice, and feeling pretty lousy. It has to be worse on me just knowing I can't take anything for this. I ended up canceling my SAT tutoring gig just to come home at 3:30. It did feel really great to leave school at a decent hour.

My hunger is taking over. I was losing weight from the last set of pills. Those had me put on 15 lbs. I have been down for the two weeks I have been on Prodnisone. They say the average person gains 20 + lbs on it. I can see why. My hunger was out of control today. I do okay at school because I bring just enough to eat for my lunch, and a small snack. But today I got home and I knew we had left over pizza in fridge. I mean my body just took over. My stomach had control over my mind. I just ate the left over pizza. I have never felt like I didn't have control over my body before. That was a binge if I have ever seen one.

I am getting ready to head to bed. As some of you know, my school is sending me to NY, NY on Thursday and I really want to be up to par for this meeting. I know it means a lot that I am a first year teacher and they chose to send me to NY for 4 days! HUGE! Then my ITP acts up, then my meds get all messed up, and now a cold. I am glad I took the time to come home and just work in my comfy clothes today. I feel a bit refreshed.

Oh has anyone seen that commercial that the man is interviewing but the stain on his shirt is talking so loudly that you can't hear him, just the stain. That is so funny! I get stuck on things like that....probably why I am not interviewing anyone...PEACE!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Aw, feel better! Have you ever used a neti pot? It does a great job of getting the cold ick to go away without any meds.

Also, if you're okay with alternate medicine, acupuncture saved me when I hurt my back. If you can find someone who practices down there, it might be worth a try. It works for all sorts of things. It wouldn't be a cure, but it might bring some good relief. And it doesn't hurt at all.

I really wish there was something we could do to just make it all better!