Monday, February 18, 2008

2 hours later....

Well I am back from the docs. Pretty much nothing changes. Because of my cold my counts may or may not have been low. The Prednisone causes me to have a weakened immune system, because of the weakened immune system I have caught a cold. When I get sick all my blood tries to fight off the 'bad' antibodies so I can get well. But because my body also produces its own antibodies my immune system pretty much goes crazy and loses its mind. So my blood counts didn't change from the last time. Now that could mean that the drug worked and then I got sick and then my blood dropped, or the drug isn't working. Either way the Dr. S has decided that we need more time at the same dosage.

I have to admit I am a bit disappointed. I was hoping to go in and he would say it was working or not, and then we could have a plan. I like having a plan. I like writing things out in my calendar and keeping things on track. With ITP you just never know.

So I will stay on this drug, deal with its side effects and continue to pray that at some point my blood decides to move higher.

I will keep updating this, on my regular life. My next dr. appt is March 17....that is a lucky day right?!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for the update - and I'm so glad you've moved in to blog world! It will help us all know how to pray...

Allie said...

March 17th is totally a lucky day. Sorry to hear this visit didn't give you much in the way of answers. I'll keep my fingers crossed that next time will.