Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Rainy Sunday

Well I am finally finished with parent-teacher conferences! This week seemed to drag on FOREVER! And then to think I have another week before Spring Break. I am so SO ready for a break! Then there is only 6 weeks of school left for us. Now that is something to look forward too. It is not that I don't LOVE teaching, but teachers but teachers put in close to 12 - 14 hour days, then come home and do more work being it grading or lesson planning for 9 months of the year. I need a break off of all of that work.

We did have quite a bit of excited on Thursday at school. One of our school buses that was carrying 39 of our students caught fire. I am not talking little flames, I am saying 30 seconds after the last student (which happened to be one of mine) got off the bus it BURST into flames. My little guy says he could feel the heat wave and it knocked him over. The bus driver is a huge hero! He got all of those kids off with no major injuries! I had two kids on that bus, and as 5th graders they really stood up and took charge. They helped with all the younger kids, helping calm them and keeping them in a backyard. I am very proud of my students. They are still a little shaken up, but they are troopers and we talked a lot about it on Friday. Helping kids with life events is on of the major reasons I love teaching!

Well on the health front I am down to 20mg. My gums bled yesterday when I brushed my teeth. I am worried that it means that my platelets are under 120,000 but maybe it is just a fluke.....I go back in on Monday for another update. As for a prediction it is a bit harder this time, just because I don't know if I go to 10mg or if I can just be off of the Prednisone. I am sure that I will be taken off and then will tell me to be in the next week and it will be in April that we will find out for sure if my body is creating platelets or if I have to try the IV.

I have been feeling pretty energetic. I tutored a lot last week so not too many walks, just because I wasn't getting home until 7pm. This week should be easier to get in some walks. I want this water weight to go away, and of course the extra pounds in the middle region. I mean Spring is here!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: