Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back from Michigan

Hello All!

I know it has been a while, and I am sorry. Last week I was so tired I would come right home from school and fall asleep on the couch. The same on health front for the most part. Extremely tired, nausea, heartburn, sweating spells, excessive hunger. Blah Blah Blah.

Jacob and I left for MI early Friday morning, we made it into Detroit by 9am. My Grandfather's service was really, really nice. All of the grand kids where able to make it, so it was nice to have time with family. Keep my Grandmother in your prayers, as she has held strong so far, but the last of the family will leave tomorrow, and I can only imagine what an empty house may feel like.

Jacob and I heard that ATL got hit with tornados, but up here by us just a bit of wind damage, ands some scared kitties. Lola was at a friends house and she was fine and well cared for. I don't think the cats were too happy to ride out the storm, but they are fine. We have not even attempted to see downtown, we hear it is all shut down. But just so everyone knows we are all good here! Sad we missed a huge storm, as Jacob and I love storms, but happy nothing to serious happened.

I see the Dr. tomorrow at 3pm. Here is what I think he will tell me: "Well your platelets are up, so lets ween you off of the Prednisone." I will have to go back in a week or two to get my counts done again, and then he will be able to tell if it was just the meds or if I am in remission. I do not think we will get an answer if I am cured, or if I have to do IV or if I can take a smaller dose of this stuff. I don't think we will know by tomorrow. Of course I could be thrown for a loop, but honestly.....I am getting pretty good at predicting what the doc will say. Still of course a little nervous, but so much more ready to be off these meds, and be able to work out again!

Thanks for the love!

No comments: