I just know so many of you checked this last night and to your dismay there were no new posts. To that I say thank you Internet. Ours was malfunctioning last night, so I could not log on.
Yet here I am after a day of teaching and then after school conferences; I am here to update y'all.
I am so good that if you read my post before this one, I predicted exactly what would happen. The doc took my blood and my platelets are at....get ready! 146,000!!! That is HUGE! They haven't been that high since before I had ITP! So rejoice! Well now I am being weened off of the Prednisone I am down to 40 mg a day for a week. Next Monday I will go in and get my blood taken again. At that time we will see if my body is creating the platelets (that means I could be in remission) or if it was the meds. If it was Prednisone we at least found a drug that in a pinch could help me get better, if I ever had a low count. If it was the meds than we will have to talk about options. The options will really depend on how low my platelets are when left alone. If my counts don't change that means I could be in remission. I think I have to be completely off the meds for a good 2 weeks (so that will mean we are still about a month out) to be declared in remission. That would mean for the first time in almost 5 years I will not have to worry about blood thinners, or take medication on a daily basis! I can not even dream of such a day at this time.
So prayers are working. My counts are at least up, now our prayers are that my body is producing these wonderful "clotters" on its own.
The doc did okay me to do some light (read walking the dog) exercise. No kickboxing or spinning yet. The water weight should also start to fade, which is what I am most happy about. I started the 40 mg today and have not felt my body having withdrawals yet....so I am should be okay.
Thanks so much for the prayers and thoughts. I was beginning to get in a slump not feeling like this was working, but boy do I have NO IDEA about what my body can do! I have more platelets than I probably know what to do with!
1 comment:
Yay! That's awesome news!
Post a Comment