As you may have figured out from the last post, this bump in the front is growing. I am not too happy with it at this point. I can not fit into any of my clothes and I still have 7 weeks of school left. I really, really, really don't want to buy clothes. I want to buy some cute shorts, some sun dresses, and tank tops. That is what I would be willing to spend money on. Not school clothes. I have apologized twice already to baby Pat about squeezing into my black pencil skirt. Now my Dad and Gary did buy me a nice dress, a pair of black work pants, and two tops. And let me assure you all of those items are making weekly appearances.
I am struggling a bit with the scale going up. I know I am filled with liquid, and now a fetus that is the size of an onion. But I have small panic attacks when I am weighed at the doctors office. I worked so hard to get the body that I had for the past year. I was finally happy with where I was, I was not trying to lose weight. I was in the maintaining mode, and learning how to balance fun food splurges, with healthy choices.
Now, even with keeping my diet the same, my belly grows larger. And by larger I mean I feel huge. I am not even half way yet, and I am pretty sure I am sticking out farther than most women around 30 weeks.
I am not comfortable enough to post pictures at this point. I don't even want Jacob to take pictures, but I know at some point I will be glad I have them. We take one picture, yes ONE, about every month.
Now for a few updates about the Larkins in general:
--> Still no money from the military. To say I have given up any hope of receiving a single dime is an understatement. We will continue to fight, but at this point it is just to make a point. My end hope would be that our fighting would not be pushed under the rug, but might help some future soldiers. It would be a big enough pay out for us to make some small change in the military finance book to help a future soldier.
--> Jacob has been in a career for the past two weeks. He is a recruit for the Atlanta Police Department. I am so proud I can not express it through words. Being a police officer was a dream of his in high school. After it was pushed aside for different reasons we have made a full circle, and he will fulfill this dream. This job has been a perfect fit for him. I am so proud of this transition.
--> I am on track for training for the Chicago Marathon, which makes me really happy. A lot of people love to tell me how I won't be able to run with Baby Pat, how I will never make it, and of course my favorite, you won't be running a month after you give birth. I encourage these comments to keep on coming, as I LOVE to prove people wrong. My first week of training was running 15 miles, and a 30 minute swim. I felt great all week.
No comments:
Post a Comment