So I have experienced a change. I babysat Wed - just a few hours ago. This was another teenager gig, so pretty easy.
This pregnancy has NOT been easy. I have heard the 1st trimester sucks for most, but seriously I didn't like/do well with the changes. Not sure if others have put it together but my funk at Christmas...yes I can happily blame that on Baby Pat.
--> SIDE NOTE: Baby Pat is a nickname and in NO WAY a hint at the names. There were Saturday Night Live skits, and eventually a movie called It's Pat. The whole premise of the movie and skits were to figure out if Pat was a boy or girl. Get it... you will spend up until Aug. 27 trying to figure out if the baby is a girl or boy. Look it up sometime. Quite funny. Jacob got sick of me calling Pat it, thing, and alien, so my sister and I came up with Pat.
Okay, so my funk, sickness, slight depression, health issues can all be contributed to Pat. I was sick. I couldn't become myself. I had no energy. I was nauseous all day long. I had a migraine from the middle of Dec to the end of Feb. Yes, a full blown migraine. I woke up with, and went to bed with it. The nausea had no relief. I woke up feeling so sick, I couldn't even think about eating or drinking. I tried everything anyone suggested. Nothing sounded or tasted good. I would spend moments of my day in tears asking the Lord to just have me puke, as I was sure that would bring some relief of some kind. The nausea caused me not to be able to read anything for longer than a minute or so. That meant no reading books, magazines, blogs, the internet, and even emails became too much to bare at times. I read all the time. When Baby Pat took that away from me I just thought my life was over. I learned to sit for long periods of time watching mindless shows on the TV. Most of the time dwelling on the fact I couldn't do what I really wanted to do.
I won't go into too many details about other factors, as I know there are many males who read this blog. I will say however, most women are not honest about what comes out of you. If you want to know more email or message me. I will be happy to spill all the real details that many women forget, or plain just don't tell you. It has been a disgusting adventure to say the least.
The doctors told me I had to take this week easy, due to my unfortunate sickness. No running, and no extra activities. I talked with the babysitting gig, and she said it would be super easy. She totally understood. So while I was babysitting I did notice there were moments at night I didn't feel as nauseous. I was even able to read a bit of a book.
But today on my drive home I noticed something I have not done in at least 3 months. While in the car a great dance song came on. I turned up the radio, and danced. This might not seem like that big of an accomplishment for most, but for me it was a turning point. I felt well enough to have cooked breakfast and made lunch, cleaned the house, and did laundry, all while keeping two teenagers from killing each other, and still had enough energy to dance after 5 p.m.
I hope this is the start to possibly embracing this pregnancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment