This week really exhausted me. At first I thought it was just the month of March. March is a hard month for teachers. There are no breaks, and we are already 3/4 of the year done, but spring break is still 4 weeks away. The weather in GA is a blessing, but spring fever has already set in, so the kids get a little harder to keep focused. We have report cards to go out, and another set of parent/teacher conferences to get through. So pretty much the month of March is my enemy. So by Thursday when I came home and seriously felt exhausted, I figured it was this baby that was sucking every last bit of energy out of me, and of course the month of March.
Friday I came home and couldn't wait to get to bed. Who cares that it was 4:30. I ate some dinner and straight to bed. Only to wake up around 3:00 am when Jacob was getting ready for drill. My stomach was making some crazy sounds, and I was in a lot of pain. Jacob left for drill. I won't go into too many details but Friday's lunch, and dinner make a reappearing.
Then I started feeling achy. I couldn't really sleep more than an hour at a time, before my body would wake itself up. I couldn't keep anything in. Water, juice, ginger ale, wheat toast, fruit, even regular cheerios didn't want to stay inside. I finally took my temp and it was a wonderful 99.4.
For most people that isn't too high. My regular body temp is 97.5ish though. I was almost 2 degrees higher than normal. Not to mention my body, when not prego, doesn't do well with a body temp higher than 99 degrees. The last time I hit 99 degrees, I got petechiae, bruises, and bleeding from the nose and gums. I scared myself a bit. Now to be fair my blood level are higher now than they have been in the past.
So yesterday I sat in bed. I caught up on 7 hours of the Anderson Cooper show, 4 Dr. Phil episodes, and 2 NBC Datelines. I am still too nauseous to read books, and can only look at magazines for so long. I did venture out to Kroger to get some G2, and poptarts. Both which came back out soon after going in. I slept on and off, and tried to eat and drink. It was the same most of last night.
But then I officially woke up this morning, and my temp broke last night. I am still tired, and have really done about the same as yesterday. Most of my G2 has stayed in, but I am not too ready to try solid food yet.
I guess I can be thankful this happened on the weekend and I didn't need to worry about getting a sub and sub plans. But it is so crazy how my brain just automatically shifted to not only taking care of myself, but this thing inside of me. I knew if I couldn't keep anything down, then the baby wasn't getting anything either. If this were just me, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have canceled all my plans, but because I knew I had to get better fast, I just took the entire weekend off. I hate being alone, and not busy, but I knew it was the best thing I could do. I hope this is done and over, something like the 24 hour flu.
No comments:
Post a Comment