Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spring breeze on my toes

I have had a few days to try and digest the doctors news, along with a few other things I will have to blog about later. What I decided was doctors really do not much more than I do, so I would get myself out of this down spot like I have before.

But then my stomach pain got worse and worse. The first time I remember saying something about the pains was Sunday. It is so hard to describe. It is like heartburn but in my stomach, right under my ribcage. About 20 minutes after I eat my pains go from a dull constant pain, to a stabbing harsh pain further down on my torso. This had been going on all week, but I hadn't thought much about it. I rarely take meds, and I just assume it will pass.

Well Thursday Jacob and I went out for a short run, and the pain in my stomach caused me to walk more than half of it. It was then I thought something might be wrong, as the pain was stopping me from doing something I wanted to.

Jacob insisted I call the doc on Friday, I didn't. What can I say? I am super stubborn, and the docs really never help me. We got up on Saturday for our group run, and the whole way there I was in the fetal position, as the pain was so bad. We met up with the group, and my coach, Beth, looked at me, and said NO WAY are you going running with us. All she had done was look at me. I new something was pretty bad. We drove straight to the docs.

Of course they are not sure what is happening. I have pain all the way through my torso at some point. I would have gotten a CT scan had I been in during the week but that isn't an option on the weekends. So I was told to do this:

1. Take the meds. If the pain gets worse go the ER
2. Take the meds. If no relief but pain doesn't get worse, then make an appointment for a scan on Monday
3. Take the meds. If the pain goes away, then take all the meds, and keep an eye on it.

I have been taking the meds for almost 24 hours at this point. The pain has not gone away but has become almost tolerable. The doc said it could be appendicitis, gastritis, an ulcer, or possibly a kink somewhere. To me that sounds like they don't know much more than me.

On two side notes:

Friday Jacob and I went to this awesome play of Peter Pan. If you live in Atlanta or metro Atlanta it is totally worth the drive and the ticket money. We sat in the $35 seats and really enjoyed it. It was different than anything else we had seen before. It was a lot fun.

The weather around here has been part of a dream for me. I hate the winter, more than the average person. The cold actually hurts me, and makes me so sick. Hence, the big move to the South. But this past week has been in the 60's and this weekend it has been so close to 70's. Even though I have been stuck inside the past day, and most likely again today, I have had the house windows and doors open. The breeze flows through the house and I LOVE it. It is going to be so hard if we get cold down here again. I am just LOVING this weather!

No comments: