Nothing. Nothing new. An entire blog on nothing. This is starting to sound like a bad Seinfeld episode (thanks Harry). So the doc who has been helping me the most, I will call her Ms. S. as my blood doc is already Dr. S, anywho Ms. S wanted to see me again on Tuesday. I went in, and my poor belly is bloated like those poor Ethiopian children ( I hope that is not a bad reference, if it is, I apologize in advance). Ms. S says something is wrong and we have to get a CT Scan done then. She wanted to make 100% sure it wasn't my appendix, even though I told her I was 99% sure it was NOT my appendix.
Well then didn't really mean at 3:30 in the afternoon, which was the time she said it. It meant I would have to drink the most disgusting banana (couldn't have been real banana) milky, chalky, grossness, go the basement of the hospital, and then wait for 3 hours. In the 3 hours my loving husband came to sit and be bored with me.
I couldn't eat or drink in that time, and the nausea started hitting about 7 o'clock. Then it was like everyone was annoying me. There were crazy people in the waiting room, and especially this lady who swore to everyone in the room she had given birth a week ago, but her belly looked rounder than some people who are 9 months pregnant (I will put that info in my here-is- another-reason-why-I-am-27-married-and-do-not-have-children-yet list). Her voice just grated on me, and I did not think I was going to be able to take it any longer, and then finally they called my name.
The CT Scan was what I expected. All went fine, they said I was a great patient (I am pretty sure they tell everyone that). Then it was back to waiting. The clock was ticking so loud I thought I was going to have to take it off the wall and smash it, and then I realized it was digital, so it was not making the ticking noise. Then the nurse man came out and said that he was going to take out my port, as everything came back okay. I didn't have appendicitis, but I was REALLY backed up. REALLY?! I didn't know.....I mean I thought my belly was always this big, and round.
So home we went. I felt bad that Jacob was just there, but it was nice to have someone to talk to when I felt like talking. I ate some dinner, that made my stomach hurt, and then went to bed.
Yesterday I called to follow up with Ms. S and she said she was referring me to a stomach specialist. Cool I get to pay the higher co-pay to see another special doc. I really thought having ITP would pretty much cover the whole sickness quota until at least 50's but apparently my body is more messed up than we had thought.
I am sorry for my sarcastic comments. I am getting back to myself a little bit. I did go for my first run since a week ago (that is a LONG time for me), and it felt great. Jacob asked me not to do anything physical until we got this figured out, my doc told me to rest when I wasn't working, and I am sorry to both. However, I need the fresh air. I needed to run off this frustration of not knowing what is wrong. And really, when my stomach hurt I either slowed down or walked....so see I can take care of myself.
Well I am in the process of trying to figure out what this referral entails, and what I need to do. Again I can't thank y'all enough. I really do appreciate how many people are thinking of me, and praying. I just sometimes can't express it in my sarcastic moods. And really sarcasim is how I have learned to cope with things. Make a joke, and everyone laughs, including me....
1 comment:
Hey girl - sorry to just now be commenting. I've fallen behind...but I'm caught up and praying for you....so sorry you are going through all this junk. Ugh.
Post a Comment