Well I have been officially on Spring Break for 4 days. I have truly enjoyed every last minute of it. I will give you a short run down. I thought long and hard about doing this because a good friend recently wrote in her blog about how self centered blogs are...and that is so true. I began this blog to help update people on my health....which I am still doing but not too much going on in the health realm, so I am boring y'all with boring, non-exciting, life items. Please know that I am now blogging just to blog, and if you do not feel like knowing anymore about my day to day motions please feel free not to read. You will not hurt my feelings. I think I just blog now, like I used to keep a diary. Just to do it. So continue if you would like :)
Saturday: Had class from 9-12. It was our last class until June, and the prof told us he would let us out early. Dr. Fuller was an amazing man and a great professor. However that said I was extremely happy to be done with class at 12. Then I had a parent-teacher conference scheduled (yes this mom had been avoiding me since Jan. so I met her when it really worked for her). The conference went fine, annoying, but the weather was so nice I did not mind reading at Starbucks for most of the afternoon.
Sunday: I was the security (greeter) at UpStreet with the little kindergartners. We were super busy, and I am reminded how much I miss my partner in action Ashley. I then got some fantastic news from a friend. I never thought I would be as happy as I am for this friend, but it feels like prayers have been answered, and this couldn't have happened to better friends ( I will say no more as this person would still like some privacy) :) But still super excited. I made sure I went grocery shopping, and then read on the back porch. I tried to get some laundry done, but feel asleep until 5 instead. HAH!
Monday: I woke up and had to close the bedroom window because it was so cold (50's). Because I have become a warm weather brat I could not force myself to run outside. I ended up driving to the gym and ran on the treadmill. Then I got home and went into homemaking mama machine. I began deep cleaning everything. I worked three straight hours and got the two other bedrooms, and the extra bathroom completed. I am talking window sills, baseboards, and closets were thoroughly cleaned. Then I went to tutoring and then to Small Group Bible Study, which is always a great way to end the day.
Tuesday (today): Well Jacob had this morning off, so we forced ourselves out of bed and went to kickboxing class this morning. Jacob and I bought a few items we needed to help make our house a home. This week I am trying hard to work on house things that Jacob and I have put off. As I type this in the bedroom we have hanging curtains over both windows. I am so SO happy. I continued cleaning and five hours later I have completed the whole upper part of the house. I even old school mopped the floors. The house smells so GREAT! I love a super clean house! Oh how wonderful. I also put together a Cat Jungle Gym for our kitties. (pictures above) We both worry that the cats get bored through the day. The gym has been in use since the cats have gotten sight of it. I am so happy they are loving it!! Jacob left for a class awhile ago, so I am here alone for a while.
It is SUPER cold today...snow flurries were seen in Buckhead. The news just told me. So sitting on the back porch, reading a great book is out of the question right now. I might light a fire to read the book. But this is Spring Break...I'm not going light a fire. GGRR...
I hope to be just as productive the rest of the week. I have two more days I will be tutoring, and that is all that is on the schedule right now. I would love to clean the gutters, and leaf blow the back yard, but I guess the weather will help me decide how much of that I get done.
If you are still reading I hope you found something new and exciting. I will try to write more and more about others, or maybe issues going on with the world. But I can't promise... :)
Saturday: Had class from 9-12. It was our last class until June, and the prof told us he would let us out early. Dr. Fuller was an amazing man and a great professor. However that said I was extremely happy to be done with class at 12. Then I had a parent-teacher conference scheduled (yes this mom had been avoiding me since Jan. so I met her when it really worked for her). The conference went fine, annoying, but the weather was so nice I did not mind reading at Starbucks for most of the afternoon.
Sunday: I was the security (greeter) at UpStreet with the little kindergartners. We were super busy, and I am reminded how much I miss my partner in action Ashley. I then got some fantastic news from a friend. I never thought I would be as happy as I am for this friend, but it feels like prayers have been answered, and this couldn't have happened to better friends ( I will say no more as this person would still like some privacy) :) But still super excited. I made sure I went grocery shopping, and then read on the back porch. I tried to get some laundry done, but feel asleep until 5 instead. HAH!
Monday: I woke up and had to close the bedroom window because it was so cold (50's). Because I have become a warm weather brat I could not force myself to run outside. I ended up driving to the gym and ran on the treadmill. Then I got home and went into homemaking mama machine. I began deep cleaning everything. I worked three straight hours and got the two other bedrooms, and the extra bathroom completed. I am talking window sills, baseboards, and closets were thoroughly cleaned. Then I went to tutoring and then to Small Group Bible Study, which is always a great way to end the day.
Tuesday (today): Well Jacob had this morning off, so we forced ourselves out of bed and went to kickboxing class this morning. Jacob and I bought a few items we needed to help make our house a home. This week I am trying hard to work on house things that Jacob and I have put off. As I type this in the bedroom we have hanging curtains over both windows. I am so SO happy. I continued cleaning and five hours later I have completed the whole upper part of the house. I even old school mopped the floors. The house smells so GREAT! I love a super clean house! Oh how wonderful. I also put together a Cat Jungle Gym for our kitties. (pictures above) We both worry that the cats get bored through the day. The gym has been in use since the cats have gotten sight of it. I am so happy they are loving it!! Jacob left for a class awhile ago, so I am here alone for a while.
It is SUPER cold today...snow flurries were seen in Buckhead. The news just told me. So sitting on the back porch, reading a great book is out of the question right now. I might light a fire to read the book. But this is Spring Break...I'm not going light a fire. GGRR...
I hope to be just as productive the rest of the week. I have two more days I will be tutoring, and that is all that is on the schedule right now. I would love to clean the gutters, and leaf blow the back yard, but I guess the weather will help me decide how much of that I get done.
If you are still reading I hope you found something new and exciting. I will try to write more and more about others, or maybe issues going on with the world. But I can't promise... :)
1 comment:
Ha! Wonder whose blog that was that you read?! =) I read some stat where like 100,000 blogs are created per day and the topic in 98% of them is ourselves...so what does that say about our culture. That's what got me thinking about it. BUT, you know what, I want to hear what you are up to for break!! At the end of the day, blogs are sort of a modern tool for friendship and, like you said and like I always say, I write for ME. I find it therapeutic and if noone reads it but me, that's fine. I'll have a ready made scrapbook of life in these days. Good times!
Post a Comment