Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Glasses

Yup...me...new glasses. The last pair of glasses (well frames) I purchased my Junior year of high school. I had replaced the lenses (as my eyes continue to get worse) but again that was my junior year of college. Oh dear. So off I go with my tax rebate...it was time to purchase new glasses. I hate getting new glasses. The whole process. Try them on, do they look good, yes, no? What color? Smaller frames, bigger, darker colored? Should they stick out or be like you can't see them? TOO MANY QUESTIONS!

So I drag Jacob in there, and we find the pair I have on my face in the picture. I of course had to pay extra to get my coke bottle lenses "reduced" so they didn't stick out past the frame. These glasses are something different. Not like I have ever done before. They are square, darker, and thicker than I have had before. The change will need to grow on me.

The eye doc continues to tell me I need to wear my glasses more than my contacts....again something I haven't done since I got contacts in 8th grade. If the glasses grow on me, then I will be seen around town in them, a little more often. I will definitely have them at night class!

Well that is about it. My kids are taking their big test that will decide for them if they will go onto 6th or not. I am nervous but know they will be amazing! Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

laughterismedicine said...

I like them. I think they suit you. Hope you grow to like them too.

BTW, this is Nicky McCleery, in case you were wondering.

Allie said...

Those are really nice!

I hate buying glasses. So stressful. The last pair I bought bug me, so I tend to wear my old ones anyway - so I walk around wearing 5 year old glasses when I'm not wearing my contacts. And, of course, I didn't realize they bugged me until after the return period was over. So frustrating!