Friday, April 17, 2009

I NEED A TO-DO LIST!!

I made it to the weekend. Barely....but I made it. We got power back in the classroom on Wednesday and the week just took a long time to get through.

Fifth grade towards the end of the year gets to be rough. The kids start talking about liking girls, and boys, and who is dating who. Then of course there is the pre-teen attitude that starts. It is hard after spring break because the have had a week to get back into bad habits, and some of the kids just run all over their parents...so they forget they don't get away with too much in my classroom.

So I have been looking forward to the weekend for a while. But now that it is here I have little to do. I should be excited, but I am the kind of personality that LOVES to have her day planned out to the exact hour. Jacob left for drill for the next three days so I don't have him coming home on my schedule. I have some organizing to do, but it is all at school. I know I should clean, but the weather people are saying that it is going to rain on Sunday. So I have planned the grocery shopping, and cleaning to take place after church. So that leaves me where for tomorrow? I have NOTHING on my to-do list.

My to-list is something I live my day/month by. I pick out my planners with careful precision. I am very picky, and then everything is color coded. I have paper clips, and sticky notes all over. LOVE IT! But over Saturday for this week....nothing. I should be happy and excited. But my type of personality just doesn't know how to take such a low key day. We shall just see what I can get on the list by tomorrow!

No comments: