I was back at school Mon-Wed this week. I can't believe it. Now, I had meetings Mon and Tuesday, and then I helped with some interviews on Wednesday, so I had reasons, but wow was it hard to just drag myself to work, and technically I didn't have to be there until 9 each morning, that is almost 2.5 hours later than the school year. I guess it is my way of slowly getting back into a school schedule.
Then on top of the idea of getting back into school, it is getting to be pressure time on getting things done for Pat. I have said before I know NOTHING when it comes to baby stuff. I am on a huge learning curve. I work from lists, and right now we are working on the MUST HAVE DONE TO TAKE BABY HOME, and the MUST HAVE DONE BEFORE I GO BACK TO SCHOOL.
We knocked a WHOLE LOT off our lists when mom and Duane were here. But we still have a few big ticket items:
Pre-register for the hospital (suggested around month 6...whoops) I am working on it. Should be done in the next day or so
Fill out/fax in Maternity Leave paperwork. I have them all collected, just need to fill in the blanks, and I technically have until 30 days before I want to start taking leave to get it turned in. But 30 day mark is only 15 days away.....
Research/interview/decide on a Pediatrician. I have researched....just haven't done a whole lot on the interviewing front. Then on top of that we have to find out if the doctor we choose goes to Northside (where Pat will be born) and if not we have to find a pediatrician that will come to Northside. This is a large on taking, but I am doing a little at a time.
Take hospital tour . We are doing that tomorrow. So as much as I want to check it off, I can't quite yet.
Complete Baby Essential class. Also will be done tomorrow.
Purchase a baby monitor. We have one picked out, but this was one of the things I gave to Jacob. We might be able to do this over the weekend, but with his crazy work schedule we don't have a lot of regular business hours together. But we have a little bit of time, so I am not too freaked out about this yet.
Purchase a second car seat base. This just needs to get done. Not sure why I haven't done it yet.
Find a long term sub. Yes....I still do not have a long term sub. I know for most jobs you just fill out paper work and take maternity leave. Not so for a teacher. We have to find someone willing to take on our class for our leave, ask them to take on all of our requirements (for the same amount of sub pay that they get for a daily gig) and then we have to feed them all of the lessons they are to teach. All while trying to give up all control to almost a complete stranger, and trust my kids/test scores to someone else. I have to admit this is overwhelming for me. I was hoping to have had a few meetings with my sub by this point, and have a lot of the lesson plans figured out. However, no one is willing to sub long term.... My principal has said he will try to help, but he is trying to still fill in teacher positions at school, so my issue to low on his list to do. I am trying to have a positive outlook, and know that there is little more I can do.
Find a Childcare facility. This item has been a hard one. I started touring locations the first week in June. I have been on top of this one. But our first two picks have a year long waiting list. We need something starting in November....not next year June. So we have had to keep looking. And looking. And looking. We may have found the interim place. Now just to fill out paper work, get on waiting lists, and write a whole bunch of checks just to hold our place. I really had no idea how much stress this one item would bring me. I will be happy when we have made a final decision.
Pack the "labor" and "postpartum" bags. We have the lists of the items that need to go in these bags, but we need to collect these items all in one place. This is just something I don't want to have to worry about while starting school.
Well those are the items that are left. We have small things around the house like power wash the front porch, clean the fans, organize the basement, and detail my car. But in the grand scheme of things, if these things didn't get done Pat will be none the wiser.
So overwhelmed?....I can't say I am quite yet. I still have a good 2 weeks before I HAVE to report to school, so some of these things shouldn't be too much of a problem. But hey talk to me in a month...and ask me if I am overwhelmed? The answer might be a bit different.
3 comments:
I have a great pediatrician at Piedmont, but I deliver my babies at Northside too and it's not a problem. You don't even have to worry about it...you just tell them who your ped is, wherever he/she is, and they'll make a note of it but have the staff northside docs check your baby out in the hospital. So, maybe that will help your stress level..one less thing to worry about? If you want the name of my ped, shoot me an E-mail! And hey, if your bag doesn't get back, shoot me a text and I'll bring you whatever you need. Seriously! ;)
I mean "packed" not "back"...ha! :)
I agree with Jill. The hospital just needs the name of a pediatrician. Even with Henry in the NICU and having surgery at Children's, all the nurses have told me to choose a doctor close to your house. All of his discharge paperwork will be copied by the hospital for me to take to the pediatrician.
Post a Comment