Friday, July 20, 2012

One Year Ago

One year ago Jacob and I had a perfect plan in place.  Jacob was going to be deployed to Quatar for a year, we would use the money to fix some water damage, and get a new back porch.  The rest would be added to our already decent size nest egg for future endeavors.  We had realligned our lives so I could live alone for a year.  We had all the papers signed, I had my new military ID, and we were ready.  Jacob had just graduated a few weeks before, and when he got back from deployment we were going to work on getting him a job in IT.  Everything was in place. 

Jacob was in North Carolina training for his deployment.  One year ago today at 2:30 a.m. I received the call that threw our plan out the window, and we were never to go down the path we thought we were destine to.  Here is the recap of a year ago. 

Jacob and I are not ones to think back and regret, or over think things.  So here we are a year later.  We are in a totally different place, mentally, physically, financially, than we ever imagined. 

Jacob has made a complete recovery from a serious injury, physically and mentally.  He has been cleared through the first round to be employed by the FBI.  He works for the Atlanta Police Department ( I mean who saw that one coming??)  We are pregnant with our first child.  Had he not been injured he would have one month left on his deployment, and I can pretty much guarantee none of the above would have happened. 

Had I known what an early morning phone call would change, I may have prepared myself a little better. 

No comments: