Thank you seems to be the phrase of the past week. I have said it over and over again, and I guess it sums everything up.
Thank you first to my mom, sister, mother in law, and friend Karin for a beautiful shower in Michigan. It was done to the theme of Dr. Seuss and everything fit into the theme perfectly. All sides of the family were represented, and it was great to see a nice mix of friends and family. Here are some pics of the shower and my time in MI. So a huge thank you for the beautiful shower. And another thank you for those who drove in for the shower, or sent some beautiful books and words. Mom and Duane will be driving all of Baby Pat's gifts down at the end of the month.
Thank you to my sister, and mom who also moonlighted as my taxi drivers, while I was in MI. Being in MI is hard without a car, and they were willing to take me where I needed/wanted to be.
Thank you to all my friends who were flexible and met me in different places. Most of you drove to wherever I was. I was able to spend time with so many of you because of your willingness to drive to me. Thank you.
Thank you to Dad and Gary who extended their trip to make sure they could see me in person before they moved to Puerto Rico. It was nice to see you before you left.
Thank you to Jacob who stayed at home and took great care of the house and animals. It is always hard going back home without him, but I know it just wasn't possible this time around. So thank you for keeping the household running while I took vacation.
Thank you to the creators of the movie What to Expect When You're Expecting for subconsciously showing that is extremely safe for women to stay fit during their pregnancy. I won't give the movie away but I was really happy they created the character Cameron Diaz played. They didn't come right out and shout it from the roof top, but it was noticed that you can stay fit, and have an extremely healthy pregnancy.
Thank you to the state of MI for reminding me why I moved. The week before I arrived in MI it was warmer than Atlanta, 90 degrees. Then when I get off the plane it was a low of 40 degrees, and a high of 60. WHAT?! It was that inconsistency that prompted my doctor to suggest a much more stable climate 6 years ago. I do not miss the coolness, the wind, or the lake effect. So thank you MI for reminding me exactly why we packed up everything we had, and started over in Atlanta.
Thank you to a friend who wrote about the train wreck of a show called 16 and Pregnant. One afternoon while looking through Hulu this caught my eye. This show is a train wreck and I can't look away. However, this show has helped me realize I am a bit more prepared for Pat than an unwed 16 year old. I am still mentally all over the place, but Jacob and I have a lot more in place than I think when I just look at the big picture.
Thank you to Pinterest that has helped me find small projects for me to do around the house. I am apparently nesting big time. Just not nesting that has anything to do with Pat, or Pat's room. I am still a bit in denial. It is not real that this bump in the front will be a human, and will need space. I think I am working on making the rest of the house up to par, so when Pat is here I don't have anything else to think about, but Pat.
Thank you to my friend Yvette who gave me a random shout out. In passing it was mentioned that Jacob is leaving for 16 days today. This prompted her to thank me....for being an Army wife. I sometimes forget I am one of those. I am used to Jacob taking off monthly, if not more. But that thank you made me smile. So thanks girl, and I am looking forward to lunch next week!
and a big Thank you to Baby Pat for moving out of my lower abdomen. This has decreased the amount of pain I am in daily, and especially when trying to move around. I am slowly getting back into running. I had to stop running, and start walking, and now I am walking longer distances. I am adding in a run every other mile. I have the Peachtree Roadrace 10k on July 4th, which I am not nervous for..yet.... We will see how it all goes the next two weeks of training.
So that sums it up. I am feeling very thankful for summer, and all that it brings. And maybe even a little more thankful that I still have a few weeks left!
No comments:
Post a Comment