The lab results came in this morning. My sugar test came in negative, which is a good thing. But my platelets are low. The message from my baby doctor said that I was to call my blood doctor. The only thing that my OBGYN would say for right now is with my levels where they are I will not be receiving any pain management during labor.
I called my blood doc after I sat and participated in a pity party for an hour. My doc's nurse answered the call, and she had been expecting to hear from me. She also said they missed me around there. I did laugh and say I didn't feel the same way, no offense :)
There is no real plan as of right now. My blood doc likes to wait a week to check my levels and so I will go in next week Tuesday and get more blood drawn. At my appointment I will find out exactly what this all means.
I let family know first, or course, and my dad's reaction "I thought you would have problems way before this." True. I should be thankful I am 29 weeks along and I haven't had any blood problems. Truth be told, when the blood doc found out we were expecting, he was on the list of the highly disappointed. Not because he didn't like us, but we didn't know we were trying, so my body had not been prepped. He let us know right away there would be complications along the way. Then my mom's reaction "Are you really surprised?" No....I guess if I really looked at the symptoms I was afraid to acknowledge, and the fact that my doctors have been prepping me mentally for issues this whole time, I shouldn't be surprised.
This news sucks (my mom hates that word, and I couldn't say it growing up, but my mental thesaurus is a little tired today) so it sucks...
There is nothing I can do right now. I am officially out of remission, wow that was a lot harder to type out than I thought. I am to go about life as I did before I knew what remission was like. I can still get out and exercise, but I must watch what I am eating, drinking, and taking pill wise. NO BLOOD THINNERS. I know how to live this way. It was a nice 3.5 years, but even when they claimed remission I knew it wouldn't last forever.
So I am faced with another life change, and I will have to wrap my brain around a positive spin, as I will eventually talk myself into. Maybe I can look at it as I have been down this path before, I know what to do. It can't be half as scary as being a mom. Right?!
1 comment:
Praying, praying, praying. You've got an army behind you, girl! Hugs from Michigan!
Post a Comment