I can't even commit as much time as I would like to on this post. But I feel this tug at my heart to get it out there.
I have been busy. I have been keeping to the NO work brought home, and leaving before 4. I have been trying to get in all three sports (swim, bike, run) two times a week. I have been doing pretty decent. But with all of that, plus the pressures of the end of school, I have had very little time, or energy to get on here.
Tonight I was still a bit weary from my whirl-wind trip home to MI. My flight was delayed, so I got home (to GA) later than I had wanted on Sunday. Home just in time to jump in bed, and get enough sleep to be semi-awake at school. Then Monday I did fitness club after school, drove home quickly to get Jacob and my swimming stuff, and drove up to Acworth beach to get an open water swim in. Not getting home until after 9, which again left me time to get in the shower, and then bed.
So today I packed my running clothes, but the thought that it might rain was in the back of my mind. And really, honestly, I was tired. My body was tired. It was looking for an excuse. Meet Milton.
A foster dog who showed up on the radar last week. We read about his sad story. Him and his sister (Miley) were thrown from a moving vehicle. Picked up by one of the witnesses and brought to a vet. Miley had to have her tail amputated, but over all she was okay. Milton broke his femur/hip. But otherwise he was okay. After making the decision the vet would try to keep his leg, he ended up in this diaper-looking, yellow cast. Jacob and I talked about the two of them, as they were trying to find fosters to help increase the healing. We decided the idea tugged on our heart, but I was leaving for MI (three times in the next 6 weeks), so we didn't act on it.
This morning the same story came through...they had not found anyone to take them in. Seriously???!! This is like the saddest story ever. They were cute. So we acted. Tonight I went up to North Georgia, thinking I would be bringing two puppies home. But to my surprise not even 20 minutes before I got to the vet, Miley had been adopted! HOW WONDERFUL! Milton needs some time to recoup and they need to make sure that his leg will heal, otherwise they will have to amputate it. A lot of pressure. And of course he is all puppy, who wants to go, go, go. We are trying to keep him away from the other dogs, and give him some down time, but when he is with our girls he is running, and barking, and just wants to be a big lovey. He is a big cuddler too!
So I will devote more time to decompressing, and writing in here, in the near future. Writing on here helps me mentally, and I need to make time for that. I feel better already tonight.
1 comment:
I noticed your absence. KEEP WRITING!
Post a Comment