Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The bad, the good, and the truth

So this week has been up and down.

THE BAD - I have enough paperwork to do to give anxiety attacks to the average Joe. I guess that comes with the end of the school year.

I had some work done on a cavity almost 3 weeks ago. It hurt where they had done some work, but I ignored it, thinking it might go away. Finally today I went back in and they "fixed" it. It is sore now, but they just fixed it. But it is a dull annoying pain. Wasn't that suppose to go away?

I had one of the worst runs in a while. I was already kinda in a bad mood, because let's be honest, I have not had a break from my kids for over a week. That is beyond exhausting. I mean they were even eating in the classroom. Well top the bad mood off with a "fix" of the tooth, only to not feel the fix yet, so I thought I will go for a run. I went out at 4:15...bad idea. It was a little over 90 degrees. I picked a route that has NO shade. Bad idea. I ran along a busy road...bad idea. So many fumes, on top of the humidity. My hair band lost its elasticity around mile 1.5. My hair was flowing down my neck almost the whole way. Oh and I picked the route with way too many hills. They killed me. I also decided to run on tired legs. I have not taken a day from exercise in 5 days. My legs were not happy with me. I had to walk a whole lot of the "run" today. I just couldn't get my breath, couldn't get a pace, was sweating more than I have yet this year, and did I mention it was hot?

THE GOOD - School is done for the kids. I have two more days until I am done! Friday is my first day of vacation! YAY!

I should not have tooth pain soon! I am hoping to wake up in the morning and feel no more pain.

I went out and got in a run today. It sucked, yes, but I did it. To quote the Black Eyed Peas again " Once you get moving, don't stop, and soon you will find you are at the top" I needed that song as I struggled up the hills today. I didn't stop. I set out to do 5 miles. I did an out and back route. At any point I could have turned around, and headed back. And don't think that didn't cross my mind at 8/10 of a mile, and every step forward from there. But I did my whole 5 miles. I didn't turn back early. I am proud of that. A bad run now is when I am over 11 minutes a mile. It used to be 16 minutes a mile. So I will consider this a good/bad run.

THE TRUTH - If I really dug down deep into why I seem to be in a bad mood it might be that a huge a milestone has happened. School is over. As happy as I am, at the same time I am in disbelief. This milestone means that next week we begin "weddingpaloza". We start moving from one event to the next, and in quick secession. To Florida for Shane and Diana's wedding, back to GA for a day, me driving to MI with the two dogs for 10 days, Trisha and Rob's wedding, drive back to GA for 5 days, Jacob graduates and the Larkins visit, Tybee Island for 4 days, Mom and Duane come for a visit, our 5 year wedding anniversary, my first Olympic Triathlon, and finally July 11.

July 11 is the day Jacob leaves. If I had to be truthful I think that with school ending, July 11 seems much closer than it did, even this morning. My emotions are crazy. I am so happy to be done with school, so overwhelmed with finishing paperwork, so excited for the two weddings that I get to be witness of this summer, so worried about my training for my triathlon, and so devastated that July 11 will eventually come. I am getting to the point where I want to hold close to each moment, as I know they will be over soon, but in the same breath I don't want to admit that the time is hovering close, so I distance myself.

I should have waited to run today. Not only because of the heat, but I left Jacob at home, when he had to leave for class at 5:00. I could have spent time with him, but instead I pushed my emotions aside, and went for a solo run, to get home after he had already left. This is classic Amanda behavior, and I am hoping to get a grip on what I need before it is too late.

So the truth..... July 11 looms closer today than it ever has.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love you Amanda! I know this will be hard for you and I just want you to know that I will always be there for you and You can do it! I love you so much!!!!!
Love,
WIZ

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the concluding school year! You are a super teacher and an even better daughter! Just take one day at a time and enjoy. XOXO

Anonymous said...

THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR IS ANXIETY MANIA!!! I have to do all this paper work (placements for the students for classes next year, running records -which we have just started implementing- report cards, etc) and then I have to move apartments, and then I have to pack to go home, and then I have two online courses for grad school this summer... AAAAHHHHH!

Lauren Starks said...

(Hugs) (Hugs) and more (Hugs)

Not to scare you, but when they did some "work" on my 14 y/o bridge (which ended up having to be replaced, the "dull aching" that wouldn't go away -- ended up needing a root canal.

I hope to see you soon!