I will say I did not set an alarm this morning. I stayed in bed way later than I think I will any other time this vacation. I ate stuff-crust pizza for breakfast. I made no list, or had any must get to goals for today. And you know what...I am pretty happy with how today turned out.
I woke up about 7. I think it is just innate that this will happen to me. I am a morning person, and enjoy the morning. However, I would have liked it to be a little later.
But I didn't get out of bed. I turned on the Today Show, and listened with my eyes closed.
Finally got out of bed around 9:30, just to walk to the kitchen to warm up some pizza and bread sticks. I loved it! It counted for my breakfast and lunch, and it was wonderful!
Got into my bathing suit to go swim some laps at 11. I drove all the way there, to find out that they had been furloughed until Tuesday. My heart was sad for me, but sad for the workers of Cobb Aquatics. I know what it feels like to be furloughed, so my heart goes out to them.
Drove back home and went out on the back porch to read Gone With the Wind. I mostly dozed on and off, but did get through a few more chapters. It was partly cloudy, with a light breeze so it was a perfect afternoon.
Jacob had wanted to "celebrate" me finishing another year so we went to a movie. We saw Kung Fu Panda II. It was really cute. I love movie theater popcorn too, so that served as dinner.
We were able to get a few items at Target for our first trip, for which we leave next week Thursday.
When we got home we moved some furniture, just room to room, and I organized three shelves. That just makes me feel so great. I love organizing! I like moving things around in life too, because I feel like my life gets in ruts if I leave things the same for too long.
Now I am here and I feel like my first day of vacation was a success! What a great start!!
No comments:
Post a Comment