Saturday, April 17, 2010

Whoot Whoot for me!

This will be a semi-selfish blog. I just feel the need to shout out a few things in my life I am feeling pretty pumped about right now....

* The weather couldn't be better! I am soaking in the sun, and can't get enough of having the windows open! LOVE IT!

* I finished my last class until September today. Oh, and I only have 2 more classes, and I have my Masters!

* I have exercised in some way 6 out of 7 days in the past week! Seriously thinking pretty hard core about the tris coming up.

* I signed up for a full marathon. I figured if I was going to run 26.2 miles it might as well be in the "happiest place on Earth". That's right! I am going to run the Disney World full marathon! YES!

* I am just beginning a long run of "army widow" weekends. Jacob left Thursday and will come back late Sunday night this weekend. He is going to be gone again 4 days, next week, then we have two weeks and he is gone for another 4 days. I actually don't always mind when he is away. He LOVES the military, as long as he is doing something, so he always sounds great on the phone. I like how independent I still am. I've still got it! :)

* I have made some HUGE gains in the swimming world! I am feeling so great, I know my tri in June will be way better than my first.

* I have really been just trusting God in a lot of areas in my life, and (surprise, not) He is coming through. I still don't know what next year will bring for me and a teaching job. I am sort of on the chopping block...seniority wise, but it is really a long story. Bottom line, our school has to get rid of 7 teachers. We find out May 1st, who is staying, and I might stay but be moved grade levels. I HATE change, and really LOVE 5th grade, but I just feel such a peace about the whole thing. I pray that God puts me where he needs me, and that I go into it with a GREAT attitude. The peaceful feeling is just so great. And in the finance world (something Jacob and I never see eye to eye on) I'm just feeling so taken care of. That is just such a great way, especially with the economy the way it is, and of course the uncertainty of the job. God is good.

* I have made it to the CRCT test for my fifth graders. We start testing on Tuesday, and just feel really positive about it. I have worked my rear end off, and the kids have worked their tails off. Now I just hope that the test is fair, and they all do their best. Again, God is just granting peace in such a stressful time.

Okay so I guess that is all that is good in my life. I just needed to "toot my own horn" and keep the positive vibes going. I'm feeling good, and I am loving it!

1 comment:

laughterismedicine said...

That all sounds great! So glad you're doing so well.