Sunday, January 3, 2010

Two Thousand TEN?! WHAT?!

How has it ever become 2010?! Where did the last year go? Maybe the last 4 years? What about the last 10 years? Oh well. I can't go back in time so time to move on.....what a great year it will be! I am excited to say the least. I am not one for regrets, and honestly can't think of anything off the top of my head that I do regret. I tend to learn from my mistakes, and not to get upset about anything long term.








The cruise was amazing! This is the only picture I have on my camera of the six of us. Trisha, Rob. Me, Jacob, Dad, and Gary. We are all in front of the large Christmas tree, moments after we stepped on the ship. It was a great trip. It was much colder than expected, but we made it work. What a great Christmas gift from Dad and Gary. We were spoiled for sure, and had a lot of family time. It is hard to describe a trip like this one. There were so many moments to remember to try and to try and describe it her would give it no justice. It was not like any Christmas I have ever experienced.



Click here to see the other cruise pictures.








When we returned from the cruise mom and dad Larkin were here in Atlanta. They helped us with many little projects around the house. We had a very relaxing, and productive time together. The picture on the left is our finished "victory board". This board will hold our accomplishments, our training schedules, and what goals/races we want to do in the future. This is something I have wanted for a long time, and mom L helped me pick it out, and then Dad L helped set it up. So much wonderful family time spent on this holiday break.

Click here for all of the New Years Eve celebration!




Today the new school opened. After church Jacob and I went in to see what it looks like. Boxes, boxes, and more boxes. You can barely move around the room, and setting it up will be something of a problem. Two of my bookcases were broken, so I had to go out and get new ones. Then I have to try and mentally set up the room, so I can start moving boxes around to the general area. Only I haven't found the perfect set up. I moved the teacher desk (which is SUPER small) to four different corners, and that was not easy with all those desks, and boxes everywhere. Tomorrow is my main day back and I have a general plan, but how sad to think my break is officially over....



So to end this beginning of the year post with what I consider to be the best moment of 2009 for me. It was completing my first Triathlon. I finished in under 2 hours, and I swam, biked, and ran my way to fit. I am so proud of myself, and can't wait to see what 2010 has to bring on.

BRING IT ON 2010...BRING IT ON!

1 comment:

Allie said...

I love the victory board idea! That's wonderful!

Hope everything in your new classroom falls into place!

Happy New Year!