Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not sure what to title this one....

The title kind of says it all. Not sure about a lot of things going on right now. I would not say life is out of control, or I have lost directions....just feeling a bit "uuuuhhhhhuuuummmm" about life in general.

I woke up this morning feeling, once again, like I had hit a brick wall. The throat was swollen, exhausted, mentally tired, my body ached. Same symptoms as the last three times I have had strep. I am unsure what to do. My meds ran out on Thursday and 3 days later I feel like I can't sleep enough. I feel like wasting my time and money to go to the docs is just not worth it. At this point in time I will be going to school tomorrow and trying to just be active to get it out of my system. I know so many of you are yelling at your computer (if anyone reads this anymore) but this is what I have decided. If by Wednesday I am still not feeling well then I will head in.

On the good news front I got to see my mom for about an hour on Saturday morning. She was re-routed to Atlanta because of weather in Tennessee. Then she couldn't get home because of weather. Not good for her (or Frank who she was traveling with) but great for me. We met them for breakfast down by the airport. It was so GREAT! What an awesome surprise! Mom will also be visiting more often because National Heritage Academy (a charter school) will be opening down on MLK Dr. And she will be in charge. This is a wonderful change! YAY!

Jacob and I have also signed up for a short race. It is run by Get Fit Atlanta. It is one of the Silver Comet Races. We are getting excited. This race is a qualifing race for the Peachtree Road Race if we decide we want to do that one.

Well here is to hoping this week brings me to full health.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Hope you feel better soon!

I had a bad cold a few weeks ago, and my doc told me that any time I get sick I need to take a week off from training, or at the very least give myself two days rest after I start feeling better. I guess if your body is trying to heal from being sick, trying to heal and build muscle from exercising is a bit too much to ask, and it can keep you sick longer. I have a really hard time taking a break (especially in the winter when I use exercise for a mood boost), but I guess it's important to.