That was the heading to the magazine article that caught my eye. I don't wear makeup. Never have...didn't think I would. But every time would I would catch a glance in the mirror the blotchiness of my skin, and the ever darkening circles around my eyes got me thinking...maybe a little couldn't hurt.
I am big on loving who you are, the way you are. I like my curves, and even found some cute outfits when I was blown up like a balloon on steroids. I believe what you put into your body comes out of your pores. I have never seen a reason to add time into getting ready, and it saves a lot of room when I am packing to go places. My mom did my makeup for both of my proms and weddings....and she used my sisters stuff. So why now are my looks bugging me...
Well my body is changing. Yes I am (only) 26 years old, but I am getting close to 30. My hormones and metabolism are changing. And lets be honest...my body has been through a lot more than the average woman of 26. The blotchiness is because of thin blood, and no platelets. The dark circles are truly darkening (not just my imagination) because my body thinks it is exhausted, even if I get over 12 hours of sleep. I have tried all of the natural fixes....cucumbers, lotions, sleep, fruits, special soaps....I have done it all. Then comes this article....
5 Minutes to a Fresh No Fuss Face
Not only am I am teacher who thought...great use of alliteration and a catchy catch phrase....but I thought 5 minutes...no fuss...fresh face...maybe this is my answer. It has four steps, four pieces of makeup, and it promises to only take 5 minutes. I ripped out the page and placed in on my nightstand. It took almost 2 weeks for me to get the guts up to go to Walmart, with article in hand, to get my materials. I HATE the makeup area of any store. I have no idea what any of it means, I have no idea what brands are better, the organization doesn't make sense, and when I am in that sort of situation I totally shut down. Which is exactly what happened when looking for the first of four pieces, the foudation. I began to panic, became short of breath, and sat down in the aisle and wanted to cry. Jacob grabed the article and helped me find not only the foundation, but my concealor, blush, and mascara.
I have now been using make up for a week, and I have to say it is not as intimidating as I once thought. I still refer to the article to make sure I am applying it correctly. I have also not tried this credit card trick to make it look like I have on eye liner, but I know this is an option. I have to say I feel a little more grown up. And so far I am not missing those 5 minutes too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment