Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Healthy and a Coupon Queen

I am as healthy as I can be right now! At least that is what the docs told me today. No sign of strep, no sign of anything. They are sending out my blood, and fluids for one last test, and I should know those results by tomorrow, but the doctors said there should not be any issues. PPPHHHEEEWWW! It has been a rocky start to the new year, and with a 10K and half marathon coming up in the next 30 days I was starting to get a little nervous. But I will start back running/biking/swimming tomorrow! I have been cleared to go back to life as normal Amanda!

Now, I have been wanting to write about being a coupon queen for a while but just kind of put it off. But this afternoon I went shopping and as the cashier rang up my coupons ( and a few people behind me groan...) I was so happy! I was in my element! I have to admit that I am an amazing person at saving money. I only subscribe to the AJC Sunday edition for two reasons. #1 That paper has the coupons #2 I don't have time to read the paper during the week, but take the time on the weekend. So I cut out any coupons of items that we use, then categorize them in my accordion folder. When I am ready to go grocery shopping I dig into my "food" folder. I rarely purchase anything that I do not have a coupon for. I love it! At the end of the receipt my favorite part is when it says how much I saved! I average $20-$25 a trip! It is amazing!

Well, that is all for now. I will go back to my normal life, I have a 10K to work for! Rock on 6.5 miles. Here I come!

No comments: