Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Facebook, Chocolate, and Diet Coke

What could all of those items have in common? Well, they all have to do with Lent. In the past I have done no chocolate...no soda....all with the idea that Lent could help me better my body. But to "toot my own horn" I am pretty healthy, and overall happy with my weight. So I took a long hard look at what I do everyday....want everyday...think about everyday....and the winner is FACEBOOK! I love reading about other people's lives, I love looking at pictures, I just enjoy being part of others lives.

So for the next 40 days whenever I think about FB, want to get on FB, dream about FB, I will have to think about what Jesus gave up for me. His life....way more than the measly time waster that is Facebook, but it is the best I could come up with for now.

Still staying strong on the reading the Bible everyday, and making my way through the entire thing. I am giving myself props for that as I am staying strong and loving it.

Jacob and I are foster parents again. No pictures yet, but Parker is a black Norwegian Elk Hound. He is between 1-2 years old, and is possibly the best dog I have ever had in my house. He is potty trained, crate trained, doesn't jump on you, doesn't bark, doesn't get up on furniture, and won't go into carpeted rooms until invited. Seriously one of the best dogs ever! He is great. I am sure pictures to come very soon.

I always feel I should end the blog with some witty comment, or something leaving you wanting more. But no final ideas on what that could be for this post.....so.....

No comments: