Saturday, January 9, 2010

My biggest accomplishment of the day

My biggest accomplishment of the day....
DRINKING FROM A STRAW!
Now this might seem like a small thing to many others. But my favorite reusable water bottle is a Camelbak. It is bright red, made with the safe plastic, holds 28 oz of water, fits in car cup holders, has a clip carrier, and has a spout that closes automatically so a clutz, like myself, can NOT make it spill! But in order to get any water out of the spout you have to suck it out like a straw. That is IMPOSSIBLE with strep throat. I had to put the water bottle away (and it gave me a chance to clean all of the germs out of it) and use my other bottles. All of which I tipped over at least once a day. GGRRR... BUT no more ggrrr's, because I my throat swelling, and soreness has gone down enough that I can suck again. That doesn't sound that great, but in my world it is great!

Here in Atlanta we have been having a freak freeze. We are not getting above freezing for almost 5 days in a row. So Thursday afternoon rain and sleet started, and continued until early morning hours. Then all that precipitation froze. A half inch of ice covered metro Atlanta Friday morning. So I got a SNOW/ICE day! I needed it so, so, so, so, bad. I got up at normal time with Jacob to make sure he could get out of our driveway. Our driveway is a steep downhill slope, and we were concerned with him getting out, and not sliding into the house. But no worries it all worked out. I stayed in bed for the WHOLE day. I would wake up for about an hour, and then fall asleep for 2-3 hours. My body just needed I guess. I didn't wake up until this morning about 9 a.m. I am so happy my body had that chance to catch up.

I feel better than I have in what feels like forever. I know I am on the mend for sure. I can feel it. I mean I can use my water bottle again! What else can a girl ask for at this point??

1 comment:

Allie said...

Oh lady! Hope you feel better!

Glad you got a snow day when you really needed one.