Well another week has passed. I can't believe it! Time seems to be flying by. Is it really the last week of January?! Bullet form seems to work best for quick updates so here we go!
Sunday - Jacob and I finally started signing up for some races this year. We will be doing another 1/2 marathon March 21st. We are also going to do a Sprint Triathlon June 26. Super excited about both. Now that we have some goals our training is back up to full force.
Monday - I had it off for MLK Jr. Day. I woke up feeling so poopy. I felt the same way I had when I got sick before, so off to the doctors I go again. Thank goodness I had the day off. Well I was right about how I felt. I still have or never got rid of the strep. So back on meds I go. I am still feeling kind of weird...not quite 100% yet, but better than on Monday.
Tuesday - Back to school and we had a great week. I began running again. I was able to get in 4.2 miles. Felt good, but sad I was back to starting low mileage again.
Wednesday - Wednesday are my really long day with the kids. We don't have any breaks, and then I have mandatory tutoring for an hour after school. So it is super long, with no breaks from kids. I got home and wanted to beat the rain to get out and get a run in. I started out feeling great but only got in 2 miles because my body was just not feeling it. That night while eating dinner I smashed a plate into my face, and bruised my lip. It swelled up and turned black and blue. What are the odds?! It is still a blue/purple color, but you can barely see it now.
Thursday - Regular day at school. I finally figured out that for my book report (for my masters class) I am going to read a biography on Eleanor Roosevelt. I had really struggled on who to do, because I didn't want to do all the regular "leaders". A lot of people in my class are doing the normal people - MLK, Nelson Mandela, JFK. I just wanted to do someone who would be interesting and different. So why wouldn't a strong woman, choose a strong woman?! Rock on I am excited! Jacob and I went to an hour and a half of spin. I didn't give it my all but was really glad I showed up. I still got a some benefit from it.
Friday - Fridays at school are test day, so for a teacher it is pretty boring. Then I have to correct all of the tests. I have really been staying on top of grading and lesson plans so far this year. Yes, that is only 4 weeks worth, but that is pretty amazing. Jacob and I then went to the Cobb Aquatic Center and got some swimming in. Well Jacob did more swimming than me. I did about 4 laps, and then cut my knee on the side of the pool and began bleeding. So I was out, but not too sad about it, because I am still "babying" my body a little bit.
Saturday - Jacob and I got up and went to Kennesaw Mountain to do 6.7 miles. We ran with Get Fit. I was doing okay until we got into some rolling hills. My nausea came up and I was dry heaving next to stop signs. I ran as much as I could. Either way I finished the whole thing. I tried to sit down and do my homework, which consisted of writing two papers. I had writers block and knew it was not worth my time to sit and stare at a computer. So I took advantage of the down time and took a nap. Saturday night Jacob and I went over to the Burdens. We call our time together Larkin/Burden Happy Time. We get together at least once a month. We LOVE spending time with them!
Sunday - Jacob and I wanted to take a Sunday off from UpStreet so my friend Heather came to the rescue and subbed for me. We ended up sleeping over at the Burden's. We got up and went out to a great breakfast at Waffle House. We were planning on going on a group ride (on our road bikes) but a thunderstorm came in. It was better that way honestly because I forced myself to sit down and crank out my homework. I got it all done, with plenty of time to spare. I have been scrapbooking pictures since I was in the 9th grade. I am very far behind, and have wanted to try this program on iPhoto (on the Mac) that makes a scrapbooking book on the computer. You have to pay to have it printed and what not, but I figured with all of the time it takes to scrapbook, printing the pictures, buying the books, paper, and decorating materials, it might be worth it. OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE IT! I made a 28 page scrapbook of the Christmas Cruise in 2 hours. It will be delivered in the next 2-5 days. AMAZING! The total came out to $46.00, but as I stated above it will be totally worth it. I am already thinking about which other books I want to do. I figure I save some of my tutoring money, and do one book a month. By the end of 2010 I will have 12 books, which should have me almost caught up in the scrapbooking world. Seriously this program has made my entire week. I hope the book is as amazing as I think it will be!
Well that wraps it up for updates. A very normal week. Time is flying, and staying busy, but not too busy. Hope everyone is having a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment