my mom. Yes, I am 26 years old, live 5 states and 14 hours away, but I called my mom. I explain all of the above and ask her if this is what being nauseous feels like. After coming to the conclusion that mom thinks the meds I took for the sinus infection had not kicked everything out of the system I regain some balance and head off to work.
I make it to the classroom and when I walk in, I am taken aback. Yes, I had seen the room and knew it was covered in boxes, but seeing it again was overwhelming. I felt so dizzy, and just not myself. I told myself to get a grip I had way too much to do and I was off to build three bookcases.
Teachers came in and out. Everyone trying to make the best of the situation. Too many boxes, not enough room to move around, and sadly our break had come to an end. I could hear the teachers, and I could see them talking...but nothing was registering. Finally when my principal came in to ask me a simple question, and I couldn't answer it...he told me it was time for me to go home. I can not describe the feeling I had. Dizzy, disconnected, tired, achy, chills, lightheaded.....
I left the school telling my 5th grade team I would be back with Jacob, we had to set up the fish tank. I was going home to take a nap, and I would back. I had to be back...there was not an option. I went home, driving home is honestly a haze. I made it home and into bed where Jacob found me 4 hours later. He took one look at me, and called my Bible study group and my teacher friend Melanie, and told them I would not be meeting them at all, and I would be going to the doctor.
Off to the doctors. Riding in the passenger seat to the doctors was much worse than driving. I couldn't take what ever was going on with me. We, of course, had to wait almost 40 minutes before I am seen. We both walk in and sit on the small bench. The nurse asks me what is wrong. I try to describe this really weird feeling...then she comes over me and says....oh you smell like Strep.
I SMELL LIKE STREP?! I can't have strep. Then I tune into my throat....why yes it is on FIRE. I would never have thought. The rest of my body had completely shut down, and my throat was the last thing I was thinking about. The nurse took the swab....and yup it was strep.....
So now three days later I have a functioning classroom, no voice (day two of that), but I am finally beginning to feel better. I am so happy that we have nurses who know how we smell, and understand exactly what it takes to get a teacher back in action!
I will take some pictures of the classroom sometime next week when I think it will complete. I am so happy to be feeling a bit better. Maybe even a little happy to have had an excuse to go to bed at 5pm everyday!
So a rough, rough start to 2010 but now I got this out of the way so again I say
BRING IT ON 2010! BRING IT ON!
No comments:
Post a Comment