Well this is my second day of Holiday Break. YAY! I have never wanted a break more than this one ever before.
My classroom should have been delivered to the new school. I had 78 boxes, and many, many tagged odd shaped items. Everything was completely done by 3pm on Friday. The kids really pitched in, and the last day was the least stressful of the week. This break is different for many reasons but the biggest is I literally have NOTHING to do for the classroom. The new school will open Jan. 2nd, and until then everything I have for the classroom is literally off limits. This might be the most relaxed break I may have ever had. I literally have NO school work to do. I am still a little bit in shock.
All of the puppies, and momma dog, Ginny, are gone. We are back to just our two girls, and two cats. It almost makes the house seem HUGE, and a little empty. I am writing this while in bed surrounded by my two dogs, and Earl on my lap. I think everyone is happy to have our house back to normal.
My car broke down Tuesday evening, and I had an utter mental breakdown. With all of the stress of puppies, then getting the puppies homes, then getting the house back in order, then packing my classroom up, then the car breaks down....that was the last straw. I sat in McDonald's parking lot just sobbing. Sobbing so hard that Jacob couldn't understand me. After about 20 minutes of uncontrollable crying I felt so much better. The couple that picked me up in the tow truck were the best people and I realized on my way to the dealership that God probably just needed me to slow down and enjoy what I have in life. I found I have great friends who came to my rescue, and helped me get rides to and from school. I am truly blessed. The car is fixed and I am back in action taking life a little bit slower.
I came down with a cold on Monday, and it is still sticking around. I am pretty stuffed up, but have taken the last two days to rest, and sleep. Today was our Christmas service at Buckhead Church, and it was amazing! I am in the reason for the season and feeling great on the inside.
Jacob and I leave the 23rd for our Christmas Cruise with Dad, Gary, Trisha, and Rob. It is our Christmas presents from Dad and Gary. I could not even think about it until now, but I am READY. With no school to think about I am so ready to relax in the sun. I have about 10 books to choose between, and hope to get through at least 3 of them on the cruise. I am going to plan nothing, and do nothing. The best kind of trip I could ask for. It will be great for Jacob and I to get away together too.
I want to wish you all a wonderful holiday, and a happy new year!
1 comment:
Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Nothing like having something set you off to the point of losing it, huh? Sometimes, I think it's like all the little things build up like steam and after a certain point you just need to let it out.
Glad you have some honest to goodness downtime!
Post a Comment