Well life is what life is at this time of the year. Mine is slowing down a little bit. Happy about that.
So at school we have built an entire new school that will hold grades 3, 4, and 5. Then we get word the church that we have our Kindergarten in will not let us re-sign the lease, so the kindergartners have to be out at the end of Dec. So where do we put them? In the building we are in now, and that means we have to move classrooms out. So why not move the entire school....during holiday break? So that is what we are doing! So for me and my classroom that means we are moving 5 minutes down the road to a brand new classroom.
CONS (because then we end on a positive)
We are packing ENTIRE classrooms - text book, desks, everything the school owns on top of what I own in the classroom
We are still expected and need to be teaching during this time. So planning became just so much more important
The boxes are SUPER small. They fit 10 textbooks. We can only use the boxes provided to us from APS
Anything that does not fit in the tiny boxes....we have to move....perfect
We are moving EVERYTHING...including file cabinets, wall screens, and wall maps. But no one to take those down...that is up to me to take apart....good thing my step-dad insists I keep a tool box in the classroom
I stabbed myself with a screwdriver while taking apart my file cabinet. This happened while children were in the room...and I bled a lot....also would have yelled a lot louder had children not been there. I then had to look up my immunity records to see if I had my tetnus shot recently...
We have kids on the 18th of Dec. But we are to be completely packed, all desks, chairs, and bookcases moved out on the 18th...so what do I do with the kids?
The rooms are smaller in the new building
There is no parking...well strike that. There are 14 parking spots, but 56 staff members.....
I will have to unpack and have a fully functioning room when the kids come back Jan. 6. So that means lots of hours during my break.
PROS
I get to start off a new classroom
All of my desks will be the same kind and same size....and all my chairs will have all of the bottoms so no chairs will rock
Rumor is that we will get Smart Boards which is AMAZING in the teacher world
We have big windows!! Lots of natural lights
Now, I can see the pro and con list. I understand one is bigger than the other. I am trying, trying, trying to stay positive in such a crazy time. But my favorite email of all time was received in my inbox today. It read....
We are out of boxes and tape. We have asked for some more but unsure of when they will arrive.....
perfect....
No comments:
Post a Comment