Well not too much going on, so in bullet form here is what has been happening.
**My new phone came up with a crack down the middle of the screen. Sprint replaced my phone for free, and Jacob was able to get it up and going again. You never know how much you rely on a cell phone until you can't use it. It was nice having an excuse not calling people back though...
**In my small group Bible Study we started reading the Bible on a read the Bible in a year plan. I have LOVED IT! Who knew/remembered how great Genesis is? We read some Old Testament, New Testament, a Psalm, and some of Proverbs each day. I am seriously really into it.
**I am doing well on eating at home 5 days a week. I ate at home 6 days each week so far this year. YAY for keeping up a resolution.
**I was finally able to get back out and run again. Part of the issue was my health and the other was how cold it was (high in the 20's) outside. I got in 5.5 miles, and it was so wonderful. It felt amazing!
**I witnessed someone get hit by an SVU. This is the second time in my life time I have witnessed this. This situation had a much better outcome than my last. A runner (who was at fault) ran out in front of an SVU (who was going a tad fast) in a turn lane. The SVU was able to stop just in time, and the front bumper only knocked the runner down. The runner saw that she was in the wrong, got up, and kept on running. I am not so sure I would have done that, but a much better situation than the first time I saw that happen. At least this time I did not need to use my CPR/First Aid skills.
**Lucie chewed my glasses. My glasses that I love. It was a sad moment. But randomly I guess the glasses and lenses were under warranty?! Who knew?! So my eye doc is going to replace the lenses, and frames for free. And they fixed my glasses well enough that I can wear them if needed. I didn't even think they would be able to save anything about the glasses, and yet I am wearing them right now. AWESOME!
**I started my Masters class this weekend. It also dawned on me I have an internship (which I will do this summer) and three more classes. Then I graduate...I will have my Masters. CRAZY..yet awesome!
**I witnessed a car accident. I have no idea how many of these I have been a witness of. This one had a good outcome too. Just crushed metal and glass. No one was hurt, and the cars were able to drive off the road and into a parking lot. It was literally the two cars in front of me...it could easily had been me if I had just been going a little faster. Makes you think...
**Jacob and I have almost finalized our February get away trip. We are looking at some cabins up in the mountains again. We can take the girls (dogs) and go relax for a few days. Maybe this year it won't rain the whole time, so we can go hiking, or horseback riding, or even to an awesome drive in movie theater that is up there.
Well that is life here. A week that was relatively normal. I like that. Hope you are having a fabulous 2010 so far!
1 comment:
Glad you got to get out and run - does wonders for the mood, doesn't it? I can't run outside when it gets below 20 - my lungs just don't want to cooperate.
Can't even imagine how scary it must have been to see someone get hit by a car AND see a car accident. Stuff like that shakes you up. Glad no one was hurt!
Post a Comment