Well Jacob and I had waited 90 days for this vacation. We ,have been looking forward to it for weeks now. And finally we got to go!
Friday
We both had Friday off so sleeping in was a must!! We got up and around and packed for our few days away. We had to cat proof the house, and pack the girls all up. We were able to leave around 11 to head up North. We couldn't check in until 3 and we pulled into the driveway right at 3! We were so happy! When we first got there it was amazing! To think we would be staying there. Everything we could have wanted was there. It was totally set up as a relaxation weekend. Jacob went out to the hot tub and found the water to be VERY cold. He called the owners and we were told there was a problem with the hot tub and the mechanic was on his way. Now before I would have freaked out and been really disappointed. But this time I was just so excited to be relaxed, and not have a thing to do for the next few days! So Jacob and I took out our books and plunked down in the living room. The mechanic was quick to get there, and then to fix the hot tub. The biggest problem was that it would take 6 hours to have the water heat up. Well we waited. The cabin had lots of movies, and cable, so finding thing to curl up on the couch was not a problem. Jacob and I also LOVE reading and both of us had just gotten new books, so that was what we did to pass a lot of time. It was very VERY cold, and rainy. When we finally were able to get into the hot tub it was spitting rain, and it was cool to over look the mountains, and feel the rain on your face. After that we finally went to bed!
Saturday
We again took advantage of having nothing to do....so we slept in. It felt great. When we did wake we jumped right into the hot tub, that overlooked mountains we could be barely see because of the clouds. It rained on and off all day, and was very cold. Our day consisted of reading, watching movies, in and out of the hot tub, and finding some time to make some food. We did that the entire day. I LOVED IT! Doing absolutely noting! It was amazing!
Sunday
Well this morning we did have to set an alarm because we had to be up and out of the cabin by 11. We got up and took one last dip in the hot tub. Of course it was cloudy and no real sunrise to be seen. We still enjoyed the peacefulness of being so out in nature, and the calmness of our entire lives at that moment. We took our time getting everything in order, and then headed out of the cabin. It was beyond amazing, and so happy it was the kind of weather it was. We had hoped to get out and hike, and do a lot more outside, but I think God knew we just needed to get away in nature and literally relax. I feel so ready to take on life again. I am ready!!
Well now we are home and doing laundry. Still relaxing and enjoying Jacob's company. The cats survived their time together, and the girls are completely exhausted. If you click here you can get all of the pictures. We pretty much only took pictures of the place, because all we did was read, watch movies, and go in the hot tub. HAH! I feel ready to take on the next week :)
1 comment:
Sounds amazing!! So glad you got this weekend away! We missed you on UpStreet this morning!
Post a Comment