
For the next four posts I will be boring you all about my 4 beautiful children. The following quote:
"Until one loves an animal a part of their soul remains unawakened"
rings so true to me. I love each of my little bundles of joy, no matter how much I complain how it feels like I live in a zoo. Well on to our eldest...
EARL!!

Earl was born on August 3, 2006 (is it sick that I know that by heart?). Our good friends Jeff and Sara had come across Earl's mom, Maggie, as a stray and of course she had kittens. Jacob and I were both working 2 jobs, one third shift, and we were living in a 600 square foot one bedroom apartment. We had been married for almost 3 months when Earl came to live with us. He was a beautiful, shy, grey puffball. We had not named him before we met him, and we couldn't decide on one for a while. Then the show "My Name is Earl" came on. From there Earl became the identity he is now. His middle name Grey, yes
Jacob and I had never had a cat before. We treated him like a dog. We took him on weekly car rides, and he was a favorite at the McDonald's drivethru. He made the trip South with us when he was 4 months old. He rode the entire 14 hours between my legs.
Earl made a fast and easy adjustment to Atlanta. He was our only child until he was 8 months old. By then he had grown to the full size that he is
now, 18 pounds. He is a genius mastermind, normally trying to figure out how he can hide his enormous body, so we can't find him. He loves to cuddle, and is very curious. For the most part we keep him inside, but he loves to explore the fenced in back yard. He plays with his two sisters, and is completely and utterly annoyed by his younger brother. He watches over the other three. His wisdom goes beyond his almost 3 years on this earth. I feel so blessed that God choose us to be Earl's parents. We are beyond happy with him, even when he has eaten something that has caused him to puke. We love his vocal truths in telling us exactly what we didn't want to hear at times. Earl, we love you, and know you will be with us for many more years to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment