Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Well HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!  I can't believe it is 2009 but here we are!  I have had a wonderful and very fulfilling break.  I have actually relaxed, and put in very few hours of tutoring.  Jacob and I celebrated Christmas on our own, and then went over to our friend Jeff and Sara's new house to celebrate Christmas Eve, and Christmas.  We all laid around and relaxed.  It was a great holiday.  I can't remember the last Christmas when I wasn't on a time restraint to be at the next gathering.  We watched movies, played the Wii, played with the dogs, and made some ginger bread houses.  It was seriously exactly what Jacob and I needed.  

We had some other great news...can't remember if I wrote about it last time.  Jacob has been transferred to the Smyrna PetSmart store.  This is such great and fantastic news.  His other store was downtown Atlanta, and was at least a 30 minute drive with no traffic.  Then the store had gone through some manager changes and many of the customers stopped going.  Then with the economy the way it is, more and more people decided their dogs didn't need to be groomed, and I would have to agree with them (said the girl with two dogs with short hair).  So Jacob had been asking to go to the Smyrna store which is literally like 10 minutes away...with traffic.  And this store is BUSY!  Jacob has made more money (remember he works on commission = no dogs, no money), in the last two days than he has in the last week.  The atmosphere is much better at the new store too.  They have him on a set schedule so when he starts school next week he will be able to go to school, do homework, and work.  And he will also have Sundays off, which means we could actually see each other one day a week!  We are just overly excited for this transfer!  It was a God send at the just the right time!  

As for me:  I got a raise at Huntington because I had gotten an excellent on all 8 of my observations!  YES!  So I will make 50 cents more an hour!  At least they are trying to acknowledge good work!  Like I said lots of relaxing.  Well the relaxing has been cleaning the house.  Much needed super cleaning.  The stuff that I normally don't have time for.   Then I got my new book to also start classes in January.  We have a pre-reading assignment which is 4 chapters, each chapter close to 40 pages.  So I have been trying to get through that.  I forgot what text book/ reading assignments were like.  I am loving the information in the book (Education Administration) but it is just really dense and a lot of information.  I hope I am up to this accelerated program!!

For New Years Jacob's parents were able to come down.  Jacob and I both had off Sunday and Monday so we were all able to hang out with them both days.  We visited the aquarium, and the High Art museum.  Both had new and cool exhibits we had not seen before.  They were able to come over after Jacob got off of work yesterday to bring in the new year.  Because Jacob had to work today too, we didn't go out anywhere.  We all made it to the new year and celebrated in our basement!  YAY!  I am ready for the new year.  It always brings new promises!  I have only 3 new years resolutions and I think they are very capable of doing.  The Larkin's left this morning on their way back to MI.  It was good to be able to spend some time with them!

Well I hope this LONG message finds you also enjoying the new year!  We did not take a single picture of the new year gathering, but we do have some pictures from our Christmas doings.  Click on the link below the girls in their sweaters!  We all wish you a happy new year!!

No comments: