Jacob and I are doing great actually. Jacob continues to work hard, and I continue to try and stay healthy. I have to admit it is a lot easier to stay healthy when you are in 60 degree weather. Atlantans had a bit of a cold spell (well like almost 2 weeks of 30 degree weather), and now we are back up in the 60's.
Jacob and I thought hard about what we would do for the holidays. It of course is a hard decision when you have to take a 14 hour trip home to MI into account. The doctor HIGHLY recommended encouraging family down this way, because it was last year when we went home to the snow and cold that my body had the complete and utter break down. But Jacob and I knew that it is a bit unreasonable to ask our family members to drive the 14 hours this way. But after really thinking and praying on what to do, we decided that as a Christmas gift to myself I would take care of myself, and be healthy by staying down here. I have to tell you, not worrying about traveling, about packing, about driving, about getting everywhere on time...this has been the best holiday break I have had in a long time. Not to mention this is our first Christmas in our new Purple house :)
I finished Christmas shopping yesterday, I know amazing right?! But everyone is done. We will be going over to our good friends Jeff and Sara's for Christmas Eve, spending the night, and then celebrating Christmas with them. Their house if very cat and dog friendly so the whole family will be able to join. We love hanging with them so it will always be a good time.
Dad and Mom L are thinking about coming down the 29th - 2nd. It would be a nice treat if this could happen!
I have been taking my time at home to do some organizing. We are also getting the girls (the dogs) all decked out in their Christmas gear. Lola already had some clothes from last year, and then we got Lucie a beautiful sweater, and probably something else. Our girls love to be dressed up. I even bought them a dresser to keep their clothes, and if we go over by it, they go nuts, jumping, and hoping that we are going to get them dressed. We only dress them on holidays, and I never thought I would be one of those people, and now I love it!
Well that about wraps it up for the babblings of Amanda. I do hope to post at least once more before I go back to school.
We wish everyone a fantastic Christmas, and a great start to the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment