Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Update!!

Okay many people have tuned in and sat waiting for this next post! Well here it is! We have answers (at least ones that I agree with)

Blood doctor has seen all of the tests and the results of all of the happenings at the ER. He has decided it was in fact the Sudifed (12 hour) that did it. Sudifed has a blood thinning agent in it, but with my old blood (before remission) the doc allowed for me to take 5 consecutive days of this pill before I had stop. He saw no correlation of my blood thinning from this. But with my new immune system (post remission) my blood does thin. Because of the thinning of the blood my immune system went into high demand and all flowed to my head (where the meds were trying to take care of my sinuses). With all that blood in my head...well y'all know what it feels like when you get a lot of blood in your head. Only I couldn't undo how much blood was in my head. Hence all of the pain.

So there we go. Doc Saleh said that the ER doctor would have been looking for what was causing the pain, not why the pain was occurring. So I still stand by the fact I had the best ER staff possible, but all hands go up for my blood doc! YAY Dr. Saleh! So I am to check in with him and hopefully no brain doctors will be needed.

I went back to school today thinking about only doing a half day. I was able to do a full day, and still feel a bit of energy to write this! I am taking things much slower, and am still really thankful for everyone who helped me out, from my small group, to Jacob.

I am happy to have some answers, and I feel really good about the doctors diagnosis. He also said that there is no real way this can take me out of remission....I just can't have Sudifed at all. I guess I can live with that :)

No comments: